Moisture, Protein or Nothing???

jwhitley6

Hey Ladies,

My bf is taking me to Maui next week (yay!!!) and I wanna get my hair braided. Should I do a protein treatment or moisture before braids? My hair is pretty balanced right now, but I don't wanna be jacked up when I take the braids out. Do I need to do anything at all?

What do you think? :confused:

baglady215

I would do both. A mild protein followed by a good moisturizing treatment. That is what I do before I get braids. Have fun in Maui!!!

Mom23

Hi There,
Enjoy your trip!! I've heard that Maui is a beautiful place. :)

Before I got braids I just washed and deep condtioned my hair with Keraphix and Humectress together, so it was like protein and moisture at the same time, and when I took my braids out my hair was fine. I kept them in for 6 weeks and I washed them once or twice a week. Hope this helps.

KiniKakes

I dont do either..... I just make sure my hair is freshly washed/clean. After I take the braids out is when I deep condition, moisturize, and so forth.

But different strokes for different folks. :) Enjoy your trip, girl.

wadadligyal

Yeah mild protein and light moisture!!!!!
One another note enjoy your trip!!!!!! I've heard it's absolutely beautiful there!!!!!!

HoneyDew

Enjoy your trip.

I went there a few years ago and it was so nice.

Cool in the morning, but beautiful driving on the cliffs at that time. They have black sand beaches you can hike to, but that can be a pain.

Have fun!

jwhitley6

HoneyDew said:
Enjoy your trip.

I went there a few years ago and it was so nice.

Cool in the morning, but beautiful driving on the cliffs at that time. They have black sand beaches you can hike to, but that can be a pain.

Have fun!

Thanks HoneyDew. My bf booked us on a bike ride down a volcano:eek: . I hope it's safe. Keep me in your prayers!:grin:

beyondcute

Umm Id stay away from the protien... Excess protien can make your hair break and the stess fromt he braids will be enough stress on your hair already. I ususally deep condition before braids and thats it. If your hair isnt breakign then Id stay away from the protien.