Moisture

Hi! Welcome to the Forum!

I noticed you've posted a few threads recently. I think it would be really beneficial to you to visit the favorite stickies thread that's at the top of the page. Inside of it are a lot of threads that will really help you, including the newbie's guide to starting out. It has alot of information about "the basics". That way you can get a lot of your questions answered without having to post numerous threads.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but generally it's best to read and search as much as you can, and then post questions, etc. if you couldn't find the answer or need clarification. You'll get far more responses that way.

Hope this helps!

Do you lock and seal in moisture when your hair is wet or dry and what do u use for moisture and what for a sealent
I do it when my hair is wet and dry. I use UBH moisturizer, or Silken Child, really any moisturizer I feel like using. And I always seal with Unrefined Coconut oil. Love,
Nat

Hey girl! Saw you in the Newbie thread!
:wavey:

This may help you out.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=261337
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=5303443
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/archive/index.php/t-99619.html

Uhh.....Personally I use oils because I like the way they make my hair feel. I'd never really done it to consciously 'seal' anything.
So perhaps I'm not the best person to ask on this issue. :grin:

But I wash or cowash. Wait until my hair is slightly damp or maybe 75% dry and spray on my leave-in (a concoction of elucence, coconut/sweet almod oil)

Hope this helps you out.

ALSO....Chill the heck out girl! :grin:
You don put up 3 posts. Just take a deep breath. Breathe.
LOL
...And RESEARCH thoroughly before you do something drastic or buy up the store!

READ THRU THE NEWBIE THREAD in the Favs sticky.
Feel free to ask away in the Newbie thread. We'll help you out, chick. :yep:
And naw---it ain't about nobody wanting to help you but DUE DILLIGENCE is incredibly crucial, know what I mean?
What if something goes wrong (an overload of protein or moisture treatments/ a henna incident)and you can't troubleshoot because you don't even understand what it is you're doing. Get the fundamentals down.
You feel me?

Last edited:
The best thing I've done to retain moisture is Henna. My daily routine of co wash, Mango Butter moisturizer, & Coconut oil. I also moisturize on dry hair, of course always sealing w/ Coconut oil and/or Amla Oil. Actually I have a lot of oils but those are my two most used.

I also made a spritz for my hair, which consists of distilled water, Aloe Vera juice, Glycerin, and Amla oil. I shake it up every time (as water & oil don't mix well) but I have been using this for a few weeks everyday. It has aided a lot too w/ my moisture.

ALSO....Chill the heck out girl! :grin:
You dont put up 3 posts. Just take a deep breath. Breathe.
LOL
...And RESEARCH thoroughly before you do something drastic or buy up the store!

READ THRU THE NEWBIE THREAD in the Favs sticky.
Feel free to ask away in the Newbie thread. We'll help you out, chick. :yep:
And naw---it ain't about nobody wanting to help you but DUE DILLIGENCE is incredibly crucial, know what I mean?

Thank you, this bears repeating.

Instead of starting multiple threads (I think there may be 6 or 7 now) ask all your questions in one. It'll make it easier for you and everyone else to keep track and help you out.

Back