Moisturizer/conditioner recommendations

Connie

What are all of your recommendations for moisturizuring and conditioning hair that is transitioning from relaxed to natural? Yes, only two days' ago I said I would keep on relaxing, BUT..I can't shake the desire of wanting to again experience the way my hair felt before the chemicals--if only for a little while (or maybe longer). I don't know exactly what hair type I am, but I do know that before I relaxed it, water made my hair frizz and shrink up. When I washed it, it went from being straight to a thick, bushy 4-inch and VERY tangled afro. When I was about 10 years old, I made the mistake of patting my freshly washed hair into a neat afro. I was dry when my mother got a hold of it and even to THIS day I can STILL remember the torture..LOL!
My hair is not thick; it's actually really soft and can break easily.

Anyway, I want to get away from using hair grease and Pink Oil Lotion. I've heard that carrot oil and shea butter is good, but I'm open to suggestions. I got some good recommendations from another thread on detangling shampoos, so that's a good start.

You all are going to turn me in a product junkie...just watch /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nanyanika

here goes:

CONDITIONERS

Keracare humecto
Nexxus Humectress
Joico intensive moisturiser
Redken smooth down Butter treat
Motions oil silk protein conditioner
Motions CPR
Motions moisture plus (contains silcones)
Lekair cholesterol strengthening and conditioning cream

Pantene smooth and sleek cond, worked great both when natural/texturized. Also a lot of these products i've listed here were used on my natural hair before texturizing.

MOISTURISERS:
Better braids unbraid
Global choice acti-wave lotion
S-curl activator
Elasta QP Recovery
Profectiv Roothealth
Profectic Breakfree

sengschick

The Bun Master
I recommend Nexxus over and over, no matter of hair type or status.

Nexxus Humectress for regular use
Nexxus Keraphix for protein reconstructing
Nexxus Emergencee, heavy protein that will keep your transitioning hair strong and revive it in cases of EMERGENCEE!!!

It's important to keep transitioning hair effectively moisturized to prevent breakage @ the demarcation line. Moisturing Conditioners are the first line in the arsenal to do this followed by a great leave-in or serum and then oils/butters/etc.

Moisturizers are tricky b/c it totally depends on your hairs fickle preference. I've been using avocado oil w/castor oil and it's working wonderfully (3:1 or 4:1 ratio). I can't do more castor oil or straight castor b/c it's too heavy for my strands. But I think castor oil is really responsible for keeping my hair, esp my ends moisturized and protected.

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
I recommend Nexxus over and over, no matter of hair type or status.

Nexxus Humectress for regular use
Nexxus Keraphix for protein reconstructing
Nexxus Emergencee, heavy protein that will keep your transitioning hair strong and revive it in cases of EMERGENCEE!!!

It's important to keep transitioning hair effectively moisturized to prevent breakage @ the demarcation line. Moisturing Conditioners are the first line in the arsenal to do this followed by a great leave-in or serum and then oils/butters/etc.

Moisturizers are tricky b/c it totally depends on your hairs fickle preference. I've been using avocado oil w/castor oil and it's working wonderfully (3:1 or 4:1 ratio). I can't do more castor oil or straight castor b/c it's too heavy for my strands. But I think castor oil is really responsible for keeping my hair, esp my ends moisturized and protected.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, YES, YES!! ITA! /images/graemlins/clap.gif