Moisturizing Braids

hurricane

I will be getting braids in a couple of weeks. I used to use s-curl to keep them moisturized are there any other suggestions?

hurricane

NTM= Neutrogena Triple Moisture. I've seen it at CVS and Target.

Thanks Ladies, keep the suggestions comming. My daughter also has cornrows and this will also help her.

tkj25

i always like to use a spray moisturizer with braids. any good braid spray will do or you can make your own with vegetable glycerin, aloe vera & water.:grin:

Nonie

I have a question. Why do you want to change from S Curl? Did you not like how it moisturized or did you have issues with it? Not trying to be funny but sometimes we make changes when none were necessary and then discover it wasn't greener on the other side after all.

While I don't know if S Curl is good for cornrows (just don't know of anyone that uses it for that so can't say), I do know that one of my idols, Adrienne0914, used S Curl as her moisturizer when she wore extension braid singles. It was actually she that got me to try S Curl as a moisturizer and I fell in love.

hurricane

I have a question. Why do you want to change from S Curl? Did you not like how it moisturized or did you have issues with it? Not trying to be funny but sometimes we make changes when none were necessary and then discover it wasn't greener on the other side after all.

While I don't know if S Curl is good for cornrows (just don't know of anyone that uses it for that so can't say), I do know that one of my idols, Adrienne0914, used S Curl as her moisturizer when she wore extension braid singles. It was actually she that got me to try S Curl as a moisturizer and I fell in love.

I liked it but it left my hair too greasy and messed up my pillowcases. I guess that I was heavy handed. Don't want to baggy it damaged my hair but it may not damage it in braids. Hmmmm. Decisions...decisions.:lachen:

BotanyGrl

I use African Pride braid spray for when I have braids and without them. It's the only spray moisturizer I currently use.

temfash

i always like to use a spray moisturizer with braids. any good braid spray will do or you can make your own with vegetable glycerin, aloe vera & water.:grin:

I do this but I also add some rosewater, its cheap and effective.