Moisturizing w/a weave

phynestone

How do you moisturize the braided hair underneath a weave? I was planning on putting Frenchee's on the scalp and s-curl and mango butter on the cornrows underneath my weave once a week. How often should I wash my hair too w/ this weave. It's sewn-in w/ human hair. All suggestions are welcome!

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
i washed mine twice a week, just be careful of tangles. i would put the weave into 4 ponytail buns so that i fully washed my scalp. i moisturized with s-curl, WGO, and ORS Olive oil.

kitten73

I just got a full head weave too! I brought some WGO and I have been applying it to the scapl between the tracks. It is so heavy and the smell can get on your nerves. i sugggest not putting too much. I was doing every other night, I think this is too much. I am going to cut to 3 time a week the most. As for the actual braid, I am going to spray S-Curl or care free curl on it. You have to be so careful as to not weigh down the weave hair. As far as washing, I hav been wondering myself. I was going to go to the dominicans and get a wash and set every 2 weeks. I don't want the weave hair to thin out too much. You know it will shed the more you do with it. I am thinkin of wiping my scalp with astringent in between washes. I wouldn't use Frenchees girl. It will stay in that hair and the smell will make you lose your mind. The WGO isn't as bad. Let me know how it goes. I am going for a wash this week after having the weave for two weeks now. If anyone this I need to change my regimine, don't hestiate to comment on my post. Also wondering, what shampoo and conditioner would you ladies sugggest on a weave? Mine is sewn in as well.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
when i washed my hair with a weave, i put the hair up into 4 ponytail buns and then i washed my hair like the crown and glory method says. pouring a cap full in a cup and mixing with water.

Karonica

I only use oil. Occasionally, I pour some Infusium leave-in under there, but that's about it.