Mom Angry At Airline After Employee Name Shames Daughter, Abcde

cocosweet

metro_qt

Yep, I know...It cracked me up. They just filed my birth cert before my first name was official when I was a baby. I didn’t grow up with that name...LOL. Still funny to my dd and I was amused.
I didn't have an official name for a while either, I should check my original birth certificate... I do know I wasn't issued a BC until 2 months after my birth, (I was a preemie) so a lot of my important documents (drivers license, etc) have another birthday rather than my actual birthday

metro_qt

I heard them talk about this on the radio yesterday and thought they were spreading fake news..This thread is giving me all the laughs...

-to the poster who personally has seen names like oranjello and lemonjello in real life, are they pronounced in a funky way?

dicapr

I heard them talk about this on the radio yesterday and thought they were spreading fake news..This thread is giving me all the laughs...

-to the poster who personally has seen names like oranjello and lemonjello in real life, are they pronounced in a funky way?

They pronounced it like Or-ron-gello. Work at a hospital and you see some things.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I remember a mom who had twins asking me for a baby name book and her mother ( the grandmother) said “Dont you pick those names out of a book! You make it up yourself and make it special!”

So I’m not sure of Abcde would fall into this category of “special” since it’s been used before, but I understood then that some people just have a different purpose when choosing a name.

ThirdEyeBeauty

^^^Yep. All names are made up. The difference is some people reuse made up names until it becomes the norm and others try to be the first with such a name. Some alter the spelling of something with a meaningful translation. Some names have no translation. It doesn't bother me what or how a name is spelled. I don't judge or even care. However, if you are sensitive to the opinions of others then maybe you should pick a name that has already passed the test of time. Daredevils shouldn't need much defending.

ThirdEyeBeauty

The urban legend is that some poor, uneducated woman decided to name her child ABCDE (or L-a, or Lemonjello and Oranjello, or Female, or Chlymyida, or Ghonnorhea, etc). And these urban legends typically have black women in mind or occasionally, trailerpark whites.
That reminds me:

"Oh my Candida
We could make it together
The further from here boy the better
Where the air is fresh and clean
Oh my Candida
Just take my hand and I'll lead ya
I promise that life will be sweeter
'Cause it said so in my dreams"

Gets me every time.

ThirdEyeBeauty

I tried as I thought I would be close on Sssst but I was absolutely done with trying with JKmn. Very creative but life doesn't work like that. The names of those people would just be simplified to Forest and Noelle. Still fine with me for people with a thick skin including the person with the name.