Morning Wedding/Afternoon Reception - What to Wear?

Discussion in 'Fashion' started by tapioca_pudding, Sep 26, 2007.

1. tapioca_pudding

tapioca_pudding Breezy.

Hey chicas!

I'm going to a wedding Thanksgiving weekend. The wedding itself is at 11a. The banquet/reception is directly following (I'll say approximately 130p or 2p).

I have no clue what to wear to this type of event! :wallbash:

I like alot of these dresses: http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Produc...D=28247&RefDeptID=597&CmCatId=597|28247|35053

But I tried this one on in particular and I think I look nice in it: http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Produc...RefDeptID=597&Page=99&CmCatId=597|28247|35053

I was thinking of that one for the banquet/reception. But I just got the invite yesterday and saw the times. So I'm thinking this isn't appropriate for a daytime event? I dunno; I'm lost when it comes to stuff like this. :nono:

Any help would be SO appreciated! :D

2. dlewis

dlewis Well-Known Member

I think both of those are very nice and approp for a wedding.

3. tapioca_pudding

tapioca_pudding Breezy.

Thanks DLewis!! :D I'm leaning towards just getting one of those dresses and calling it a day.

4. Joanna721

Joanna721 New Member

girl I think the dress u tried on will be great...I say get it but I understand how hard it can be to pick a dress for a event like this
    my friend (who just randomly decided to not have bridesmaids) is getting married next year in a afternoon wedding in the fall and its FORMAL ummmmm....I thought my outfit was picked already then she tells me she doesnt want the bridal party any longer so Im like what do people wear to formal fall afternoon weddings

anywho hope u have fun