Mother Adds Sandbox to Newborn's Grave so

Iwanthealthyhair67

Mother Adds Sandbox to Newborn's Grave So Older Brother Can Play With Him (VIDEO)

• March 17, 2014|4:12 pm
(Photo: Ashlee Hammac/Facebook)
Ashlee Hammac lived every mother's nightmare when her newborn, Ryan Michael Jolley, died five days after birth in October 2013. Her placenta burst during birth, depriving the baby of oxygen, and he had no brain activity within days.

When she decided to decorate Ryan's grave, Hammac thought of her 3-year-old son Tucker, who met Ryan in the hospital but never got to play with him. The Lake City, Fla. mother had a sandbox filled with blue sand and trucks placed in front of the baby's tombstone so Tucker can spend time with his little brother.

"He always goes out there with me, and sits out there, and sings lullabies, and talks to him just like he was there," Hammac told People Magazine. "So I wanted it to be special for him too."

Hammac's story went viral after she posted a photo of Tucker and Ryan's sandbox on Facebook. She now honors her late son's memory through Pages to Memories, a non-profit that donates books and blankets to hospitals so families can connect with their ailing newborns.

Despite his short life, Ryan made a lasting impact on the world. His little heart was donated to save the life of another baby.
http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvi...older-brother-can-play-with-him-video-116274/

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
There is no "connecting" of the living with the dead... I don't see how this can be a healthy practice for any child.. he'll be all nonchalant, telling folks, "I play with my dead brother all the time."...

momi

Yeah this is very strange... Where are you going son? "To play with my brother in the cemetery."

Ummmm. no.

Urban

Ummm, what a distortion of reality. He's not 'playing' with his brother. He's literally playing by himself, ontop of a *grave*, pretenting he's playing with the dead baby underneath. WTH?!

JaneBond007

There is the communion of saints (google it)... I'm sure that baby is praying for his big brother now and throughout all his life, looking over him in protection. It's not that big a deal, the mother wanted a connection for her toddler. I think it's cute and unique.