Motions Oil Relaxer

lshevonne

I purchased the Motions Oil today and was wondering when I open this can I save what I don't use for my next touch. Hey, my hair isn't as long and beautiful and all of you lucky ladies. LOL Can anyone help me? Also, if you have any tips to give me before I do my first Lye relaxer please share. THANKS /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tc_333

Hey L-,

How big is the container?

I'm planning on using motions oil for my next touchup (sometime in January). I was using Elasta QP mild and it was okay....I think I'll enjoy the entire motions line (I'm using a few of the products already, so I'll be trying the relaxer next.)

The biggest help to me in relaxing my own hair, is to remember to coat the hair that isn't being relaxed with oil and or vaseline (I've actually also been using up my perm repair creme this way) before perming. This helps protect it from the chemicals in the relaxer and from all the shampooing that's required.

H

HoneyRockette

As long as it is the ready to use kind and not the kind you have to mix, you can save it. Salons buy really big jars of relaxer and save them for months. Just make sure it is sealed tightly. Air makes this stuff go bad.

lshevonne

Thanks Ladies

HoneyRockette - It is the ready to use. Wish me luck because I'm a little nervous about the Lye.

tc 333 - I have the smaller jar of the mild. I got it from Sallys.

H

HoneyRockette

Good luck! I will be in your shoes in a few months when I apply my own relaxer after I remove my braids. Let us know how it goes!

Jaquai

hello, i would advise you to do a deep conditioner a few days or more before the relaxer and after the relaxer. also make sure you read the directions carefully on the motions jar it says to condition first after you rinse but before you neutralize. my mom just started using this relaxer the last two touchups and she says it is very good.:)