Motions recipe to stop hair breakage!!!!!

DREAMGIRL

Here is a recipe that will stop breakage, slow the formation of split ends and thicken broken, frayed hair. It asks that you not shampoo your hair for thirty two days:

1. Rinse hair until the water runs clear.
2. Apply a generous amount of Motions® CPR conditioner.
3. Massage into hair as you would a shampoo.
4. Let it sit for about fifteen minutes.
5. Rinse with room-temperature water.
6. Apply Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion.
7. Apply Motions Oil Sheen.
8. Dry and style your hair.
9. Apply Motions hairdressing every morning.

You will notice a difference immediately. You hair will feel thicker and softer. Repeat this procedure every four days, for one full month.

10. The tenth treatment starts with the same warm water rinse then lather with CPR shampoo.
11. Rinse lightly.
12. Apply a generous amount of Motions CPR conditioner.
13. Rinse with room-temperature water after three minutes.
14. Apply Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion.
15. Apply Motions Salon Sheen.
16. Dry and style your hair.

Continue the shampoo & conditioner treatment weekly until your hair is long and thick as desired.

• If your house is dry, keep a pot of simmering water on the stove during the day for
• Normal pillowcases will absorb oil from your hair, so buy a few satin pillowcases.
• Massage your scalp nightly to promote oil secretion.

londongirl3

[ QUOTE ]
YIKES !!!
32 days without washing? I would be one funky-headed chic

[/ QUOTE ]

But conditioner contains surfactant(Principle of no poo/conditioner washes).

And you condition wash every 4 days for one month and then use shampoo, probably to clarify.

hope2

i SAW THIS RECIPE IN EBONY IN APRIL SO I DECIDED TO TRY IT. IT IMMEDIATELY STOPPED THE BREAKAGE. THE BREAKAGE I HAVE ALWAYS HAD IS THAT ABOUT 1 TO 1 1/2 " OF ENDS WOULD BREAK OFF. I HAVE ALWAYS CUT MAY HAIR SHORT SO IT WAS NOT NOTICEABLE BUT MY HAIR WOULD GENERALLY STAY THE SAME LENGTH. SINCE DOING THIS TREATMENT IT HAS STOPPED COMPLETELY. THE BATHROOM FLOOR IS FREE OF HAIR. I NEEDED A TOUCHUP IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS TREATMENT SO I E-MAILED MOTIONS AND THEY SAID IT WAS OK AND SO IT WAS. I WILL SEE WHERE I AM WITH THIS IN 6 MONTHS. I AM LIMITING THE SHAMPOO,I USED THE TROPICAL CONDITIONER MY LAST WASH. I AM STILL WASHING ABOUT EVERY 4-5 DAYS. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS AND THE MOTIONS PRODUCTS.

londongirl3

My only concern would be that CPR is a protein conditioner so would breakage happen if you don't combine it with moisturising conditioners?

hope2

Re breakage and this being a protein conditioner, this must have too much protein in it. I noticed that when I finally had a touchup it had been 8 weeks, this is a first.I usually have to get a touch up after 5 weeks. This somehow made my hair seen staighter and it was always soft. Only once in the process did I use heat to help the conditioner penetrate. I also did not use any other conditioner afterwards. My hair is coarse and permed but I had no problems at all. I am very pleased and will follow this treatment whenever I see a problem with breakage starting again.

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
im confused-- first it said dont shampoo for 32 days and then it said on the 10th treatment use CPR shampoo. So is it supposed to be about 2 to 3 of these a week? If someone can explain this to me I might give it a try-- CPR is really good stuff.

LondonDiva

Londongirl

There was a entensive debate about CPR (when you were away) and the amount of protein in it. I think we (or most of us) came to the conclusion (after someone contacting Motions) that there's not enough protein in it to be labelled as a protein conditioner and is quite safe to use frequently. Neither does it have to be followed by a moisturising conditioner, where a protein treatment (like aphogee) has to be followed with a moisturising conditioner.

HTH

Integrity

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why it's funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

was she laughing or say it was funny?anyway, the proess seems so long.dang

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
[ QUOTE ]
My only concern would be that CPR is a protein conditioner so would breakage happen if you don't combine it with moisturising conditioners?

[/ QUOTE ]

Conditioners with protein in them are okay for frequent use as long as it is not Keratin protein. This is the kind that many of your major protein conditioners and reconstructors are made with.

londongirl3

[ QUOTE ]
problem is CPR has keratin

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm the plot thickens

I think the process is long because it will take regular treatments to ensure that the hair is strong. So far I have seen two positives for it. I may try it for my front hair which appears not to take well to manipulation

hope2

I used the CPR to wash my hair. Afterwards I have used the Motions Foam Wrap then I sprayed with Black N Sassy Oil Sheen Spray then rolled my hair on rollers. I did not purchase the Motions Sheen as it was too expensive. This worked out fine, hair soft. This week I added the Motions Leave-in Conditioner (before the Foam Wrap) and continued as usual. I did not use my dryer as it was too late at night and I needed to go to bed. In the morning my hair was so nice and here it is 4 days later and I still have curls!!!. I have always had major dry hair but as I said before this treatment really has been working so well for me I hate the thought of using shampoo again. As the instructions read I really rinse my hair well to get out the products used before putting the CPR in to wash.

Hope2,
I haven't used shampoo in over a month after I read a link in a post about shampoo. It talked about how drying shampoo can be. For the life of me I can't remember the thread. Hopefully, someone else knows what I'm talking about.

Lynn

Well I'm going to try it, my hair could use it and they way i see it could only make it better than the shape it is in now.

Paris Belle

I use Motions CPR regularly, but I always follow it with a moisturizing conditioner. It contains moisturizing and protein ingredients, but I still regard it as a protein conditioner, though a mild one..

jellynote

I did this along with my carrot oil aftermy hair was dry and it works. Now I have braids to try to grow my short hair out a little, but I can say that this did work for me.

kedala

This sounds like a plan...however I think when I decide to do it I'll use Aubrey's conditioners instead.

Thanks for the info....

diamond_nh

I really want to know if you have to use the wrapping lotion and the sheen spray. I have Luster's sheen spray and I sometimes use setting lotion. Do I need to buy the wrapping lotion and spray from Motions? I do have the shampoo and conditioner already and isn't it that, that is stopping the breakage. I wouldn't mind going to the bss
lol, but I put the wrapping lotion back on the shelf on Saturday because I heard that it dries out your hair. Also I am planning on doing an Aphogee treament at the end of next week, would that be bad if I'm doing this?

jellynote

I didn't use the motions wrap lotion because it dries out my hair instead I used Paul Mitchell's Pomade and it works. The hardest part is not washing your hair for 32 days. To get this recipe go to www.motionshair.com