MOUSSE A NO-NO???

PrincessLinzz

Hi,

I usually wash my hair, put mousse (Nexxus gorgeous curls) and go. But I wanted to know is mousse the way to go? Is there a certain chemical that I should be aware of before putting the mousse in my hair?

Does anyone else use mousse? Is it bad for the hair in terms of growth?

:newbie:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I used to use mousse, but the ones I used to use had a lot of alcohol and can be really drying.

I guess you should be fine as long as your hair doesn't get dry which could lead to breakage. How does your hair respond? If you use it and you like it, no reason to stop. :yep: Nexxus usually has pretty good products too.

MonPetite

There's only one by Neutrogena I've used and reviewed that didn't hurt my hair. I was texlaxed to 2b at the time, however.

SherylsTresses

I haven't used mousse in years although it gave me beautiful body :drool: and shine but unfortunately it dried out my hair. I always used KeraCare mouse.

Last edited:

shunemite

If your hair doesn't mind the alcohol, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I used to use Mousse and Motions foaming lotion. Then one time I used a free sample of Paul Mitchel serum and I had mad bling to the point that family members commented. Then I realized my hair doesn't like the SD alcohol in Mousses and foaming wrap lotions. I don't use the Paul Mitchell brand, I use the GVP silk infusion coz it's cheaper, but it's pretty good too. My hair is so alcohol sensitive that even oil sheens don't work for me. I had to buy a Mister spray bottle and put my oil in it.

vkb247

In the best hair pics I have ever had I used Giovanni mousse. I think I need to try this again. No alcohol.

Barbie83

I :love: Dove Body & Lift Mousse for twist-outs and rollersets :yep:

very very very soft hold, smells yummy, and my hair is soft and moist :lick:

glamazon386

It depends on the ingredients. A lot of mousses have alcohol in them which is drying to the hair. I use mousse on my mom's hair for twist outs though and it gives her great hold. I use the Motions mousse.