Mousse on natural hair?

keepithealthy

My sister suggested it to me the other day. I've never used mousse in my life. I think it might be to light for my 4a hair...

So have any of you ladies used mousse on your natural hair?
If so how and what were the results....

choctaw

Garnier Fructus Style Curl Construct Mousse gives my hair definition, shape on days when my puff, braids/twist-outs are just limp or very straight. I spray some water or curl activator on my hair to counter dryness. I smear a ball of the mousse between both hands and distribute it through my hair. I can lift and shape from roots using my fingers or a large k-cutter. Add a headband or a couple of combs and I am done. I have type 4 natural hair.

I don't know what hair type you are but as a very frizzy 3b I've gotten decent hold from mousse. I have to use a ton though. If you don't need super hold mousse is okay. In the end, La Looks Maximum hold gel works better for me.

chevere62

I am a 3c/4a with very thick strands and mousse works for me pretty good. I have to use a leave in under it though which helps combat the dryness. Although it is a bit expensive, I use Paul Mitchell flexible style sculpting foam.

Zaz

I use Herbal essences tousle me softly mousse at under $3 it's pretty cheap and works. I also use John Frieda's curl boosting mousse because it comes in travel size and I can keep it in my purse at all times. That way I can rinse my hair and throw some on to refresh my wash n go in the morning if I spend the night at a friend's place.

eta I have type 4 natural hair.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
:bump: I'm thinking about trying Herbal Essences Curl Boosting Mousse for my 4a/b natural hair. I've been wearing my hair in the wash n' go style and the Tresemme' Naturals Nourishing Conditioner (silicone free) has been making my hair feel kinda dry when I use it as a leave-in, and one time it caused build-up of little white balls on my hair.