Movie: War Room

Lucia

I have not yet seen this movie, in fact it has been a couple of years since I have been to the movies, but my church will be showing it this coming friday at 7pm and I'm going to see it then. Can't wait. I heard nothing but great things about it.

you'll want to watch it a second time and take notes

Aggie

you'll want to watch it a second time and take notes

Girl, @Lucia, you were right. I did take notes and I do want to own this movie. So I will be checking out Amazon for it and purchase it there most likely:yep:. I loved it and cried so much, it was ridiculous. But there were some cheering moments too, so it kinda evened out, :lol:. Kinda!

It certainly woke me up a bit. I strongly desired to pursue a better and stronger walk with God after that movie. I realized that that I am no where near where I want or need to be in my walk with Him:nono:.

It can be a thousand times better and even when I get there, I know I'll probably very likely be saying the same thing again..."It can be a thousand times better." I mean really, can we ever get enough of Him?

Begoody

I bought this from itunes ,after reading about it here a few days ago. I watched it today with my reluctant, non- church going husband ( he was sort of trapped into it, he was suffering from a stiff neck and was laying his head on my lap when I suddenly whipped my phone out to play the movie!!). This is not his sort of film at allll! Both we both enjoyed it. It has really given me an additional zest to crank up my prayer life.

mensa

I bought this from itunes ,after reading about it here a few days ago. I watched it today with my reluctant, non- church going husband ( he was sort of trapped into it, he was suffering from a stiff neck and was laying his head on my lap when I suddenly whipped my phone out to play the movie!!). This is not his sort of film at allll! Both we both enjoyed it. It has really given me an additional zest to crank up my prayer life.

Let's go into our War Room and bring your DH before the Father that his soul will be saved by The Blood of Jesus and that he will be filled with The Holy Ghost.

In The Name Of Jesus The Christ, Amen.

Begoody

Let's go into our War Room and bring your DH before the Father that his soul will be saved by The Blood of Jesus and that he will be filled with The Holy Ghost.

In The Name Of Jesus The Christ, Amen.

Amen.Amen.Amen. Thank you so much.
Another great thing about this film is that it shows the truth of how wives can bring their husbands to Him. A while ago a priest told me , in a very kind and calm manner during confession , that a huge part of my husband's conversion lay in my hands. I became very defensive and dismissed his opinion in my mind. But then I started fasting and praying, after stumbling on a website where men fast for their wives. I can see a thawing. It's happening slowly.He is still reluctant but there is much less resistance . Jesus, I trust in you.

mensa

Amen.Amen.Amen. Thank you so much.
Another great thing about this film is that it shows the truth of how wives can bring their husbands to Him. A while ago a priest told me , in a very kind and calm manner during confession , that a huge part of my husband's conversion lay in my hands. I became very defensive and dismissed his opinion in my mind. But then I started fasting and praying, after stumbling on a website where men fast for their wives. I can see a thawing. It's happening slowly.He is still reluctant but there is much less resistance . Jesus, I trust in you.

Hey Begoody,
What's the name of the website where men fast for their wives?
TIA.

Aggie

@Aggie
You'll probably like Fireproof and Old Fashioned both have a strong Christian theme.

@Begoody

Thanks for the info, I've been praying for my FH daily rosary etc and did a short fast and prayer too.
I started with this blog adding it to my daily Prayer for FH sometimes.

http://alovelycalling.com/prayers-for-my-future-husband/

http://alovelycalling.com/prayers-for-becoming-a-future-wife/
Fireproof I've seen and I agree, it was a wonderful movie. Old Fashioned is new to me. I haven't heard of that one but will have to look it up. Thanks for the recommendations.

Last edited:

Lucia

Fireproof I've se n and I agree, it was a wonderful movie. Old Fashioned is new to me. I haven't heard of that one but will have to look it up. Thanks for the recommendations.

Old Fashioned is an newer movie came out last year. It runs slower like an old movie too.
It's on iTunes and on pureflix streaming service you can use regular internet a Roku or Roku stick to access it. It's like Netflix with Christian only/friendly movies and kids shows, no Scandals
no Modern Families ;):look:

Begoody

@Aggie
You'll probably like Fireproof and Old Fashioned both have a strong Christian theme.

@Begoody

Thanks for the info, I've been praying for my FH daily rosary etc and did a short fast and prayer too.
I started with this blog adding it to my daily Prayer for FH sometimes.

http://alovelycalling.com/prayers-for-my-future-husband/

http://alovelycalling.com/prayers-for-becoming-a-future-wife/

@Lucia
Thank you.I will share your links .
What you are doing is so beautiful, please keep it up. When your FH finds out, he will be so grateful. I remember watching an episode of Life on the Rock ( EWTN) where a young ,married couple ,who started a ministry were discussing how they met etc. The guy said that he was floored when she showed him a prayer diary she had maintained over the years for her FH. He was living a pretty debauched life and he remembered the day he fell to his knees suddenly begging God for mercy and change. Of course you know that day matched her strongest entry in that prayer diary!! I can't remember the name of their ministry but they also shared stories of men in the ministry proposing during Adoration or in front of The Blessed Sacrament. I was a blubbering wreck when I heard that, and I am not the crying type, but just the sheer beauty of including Christ in your engagement!! I wish I had taken my faith more seriously before I got married, I wish I had put love of God as the first requirement in a FH. But better late than never I guess, my husband is a good and kind man, but I am so desperate for him to have that joy and peace that only Jesus can give. Like I stated upthread, he is thawing. We all went to mass together this past Christmas day, a first in 12 years!!
Sorry the post was so long.

Lucia

@Lucia
Thank you.I will share your links .
What you are doing is so beautiful, please keep it up. When your FH finds out, he will be so grateful. I remember watching an episode of Life on the Rock ( EWTN) where a young ,married couple ,who started a ministry were discussing how they met etc. The guy said that he was floored when she showed him a prayer diary she had maintained over the years for her FH. He was living a pretty debauched life and he remembered the day he fell to his knees suddenly begging God for mercy and change. Of course you know that day matched her strongest entry in that prayer diary!! I can't remember the name of their ministry but they also shared stories of men in the ministry proposing during Adoration or in front of The Blessed Sacrament. I was a blubbering wreck when I heard that, and I am not the crying type, but just the sheer beauty of including Christ in your engagement!! I wish I had taken my faith more seriously before I got married, I wish I had put love of God as the first requirement in a FH. But better late than never I guess, my husband is a good and kind man, but I am so desperate for him to have that joy and peace that only Jesus can give. Like I stated upthread, he is thawing. We all went to mass together this past Christmas day, a first in 12 years!!
Sorry the post was so long.

I'm going to look up that episode thanks
Keep praying for him God will take care of the rest.