Moving to VA need recommendations

DMJ's Mom

I don't know for sure if I'm asking this in the right area or not. I'm moving to VA and will be in northern Va (Manassas area) and southern VA (chesapeake area) very frequently. For the Va ladies what BSS do you go to for all your supplies? Where can you get shea butter from up there? Also are there any salons that you can recommend in either area?

prettykinks

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you but I just wanted to say that I will be moving to VA at the end of apr or beginning of may. I will be in the Newport News area.

naturalmanenyc

I lived in Virginia Beach for 20+ years and always went to Hair Fantasy. They have moved though and the new location is:

1091 Norfolk Ave # 107
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
(757) 422-1142

Ask for Denise Britt - the owner.

Jessica Rabbit

Girl you will be perfect! Both area's where you will be have tons of stores that sell everything you could imagine and some great stylists. We will take care of you.

Sugarhoney

There is a good black owned BSS off of Liberia Ave in Manasas. It's called Sylvia's or Lynda's, I can't remember. But an African lady owns it, she is very nice. The only other BSS in Manasas, that I can think of, is Sally's. So, you might have to drive over to Dale City & Woodbridge, because there are like 20 BSS's over there.

MoniintheMiddle

As far as salons in the area, Kahdijah's Salon in Manassas is pretty good. i would recommend going to Kim. However, I just go for my relaxers. Harmony Salon and Spa is decent also.

WELCOME TO VA! I live in Fredericksburg and so far have only found ONE really good beauty supply store. They sell EVERYTHING, even colored contacts!! Im not too successful with the salons yet.
But I also would recommend Woodbridge area on Route 1, there are at least 5 just on that stretch alone.

tatiana

There is a good black owned BSS off of Liberia Ave in Manasas. It's called Sylvia's or Lynda's, I can't remember. But an African lady owns it, she is very nice. The only other BSS in Manasas, that I can think of, is Sally's. So, you might have to drive over to Dale City & Woodbridge, because there are like 20 BSS's over there.

There are some Asian BSS in Manassas. There is one across the parking lot of Shoppers(Route 234 and Sudley Manor). there is also an Asian BSS in Manassas Mall near where they are building Wal-Mart; this Asian store sell DOminican hair products.

PeggyFair

I don't know if you are interested in supporting a Black owned BSS, if you are, why not just order online at any of the "BOBSA" sites? Personally, I REFUSE to support Asian owned stores.

love2praz

WELCOME TO VA! I live in Fredericksburg and so far have only found ONE really good beauty supply store. They sell EVERYTHING, even colored contacts!! Im not too successful with the salons yet.
But I also would recommend Woodbridge area on Route 1, there are at least 5 just on that stretch alone.

Welcome to VA! :) I too live in Fredericksburg! (Hi, neighbor! :wave:) I do not go to Manassas very often but I used to live in Woodbridge and it is not too far from Manassas or Fredericksburg. There are a few on Route 1 in Woodbridge that I frequent both asian owned. One is called KC Beauty Mart which is in Marumsco Plaza. There is another a little up the way still on Route 1 in the shopping center where there is a Hi-Mart. (Not sure of the BSS name.) That BSS is smaller and has been there for years. I go there a lot to get hair for my braids.

I can't recommend any salons since I'm a DIYer! :)

HTH! :grin: