Ms. Jessie's Curly Pudding

KinkyCurly

I purchased the pudding some time ago, but Ijust got around to using it last night. After buying it I read a bad review (someone complained of crunchy hair) somewhere, maybe here, and I was in no rush to have it dry out my hair. I decided to use it yesterday and I liked it.
--First I did a conditioner wash and then added a leave in conditioner.
--Then I added some mango butter
--then I combed the pudding through my hair in sections

Although it didn't have a "wet" look, the curls were defined and soft. It didn't dry out my hair as I'd feared. I had more shrinkage and I would have had I used gel, but the hair was so soft I didn't mind.

alibi

hair bored
:scratchch Do you have any pics? I was thinking about buying CP but I held off b/c of the price and bad reviews. :ohwell:

deedabug

i had crunch when i first used it..revisited recently and put in on in the shower on sopping wet hair..no crunchies now and it shrunk less...no comb either

balisi

I love Ms. Jessie's Curly Pudding! :D I get amazing definition, a nice shine and no frizz when I use it. I can keep my curly defininition for up to a week by re-wetting with a water/essential oil mix and fingerstyling just the areas that need touching up. Shrinkage is a factor only because it defines the curls so well. Adding a little more CP after re-wetting lengthens my curls a little more. If I get the crunchies, I scrunch it out once the curls are dry. The products may seem a little pricey, but they last a long time and work so well for me :grin: that it is worth it.

hopeful

Hate to be a downer but...I do not like the curly pudding. Maybe I'm not patient enough to let it do its magic, but it is just way to thick and heavy for my taste. I tried it last night and this morning and finally gave up. I am now deep conditioning because my hair feels dry from the pudding. If I ever get to a LHCF gathering I will gladly give this away for free.:look:

Two people have already requested my pudding and it will be going to a good home soon.:)

Last edited:

balisi

Hopeful, what was your method for using it? When I first used it, I applied way too much and wasn't pleased with the results either. I have also learned to apply a moisturizer while my hair is still wet, prior to styling with the CP.

hopeful

Balisi,
I applied it to freshly washed, wet hair, but I did not apply moisturizer beforehand.:scratchch Well, I already gave it away and now I'm kinda scared of it but thanks for the tip. For now I'm sticking with either Oyin's Shine & Define Serum or the S-Curl wave jel activator. I probably did use too much though because I can be a little heavy-handed with products. Thanks again.:)