MSM = Asian Hair?!

Tiye

I've been taking msm since about the same time as the OP. No Asian hair for me yet durnit (just kidding)! Has anyone else converted Afronaps to Asian tresses with msm yet? I know that would be bad news for the relaxer and weave industry but do share anyway.

BusyLady

AtlantaJJ said:
You go Hair Luv, you really informed me and for that I'm grateful!

I am so behind on the hair care thing, I've been wearing braids for the past 6 years, I had terrible hair sheding PP (after baby) and man I just hid from the problem by getting my hair braided over and over and over, until 2 weeks ago! Now I am gonig to nurse my hair back to health based on the information I'm finding here on this site!

I never ever heard of Alter Ego CREN Curativ Ego for Hair Loss until today, I needed that stuff after my baby was born :cry2:

And as for the sulfur thing, I don't see how that can be insulting, if it's a proven fact, that's all it is...just facts....

Hello. That happened to me also. I needed iron. See ur doctor check for anemia.

NaiyaAi

Where can I buy the msm online? Or is it available in stores?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
I buy the store brand from CVS, in pill form. I don't think they carry the powdered form but if you check GNC or Vitamin Shoppe or something, I think they would be more likely to have the powdered form. I think.

bride91501

I've been taking MSM for about a month now. Starting taking it due to knee pain that seems to be releated to my asthma symptons. My knees feel great- all the pain is now gone. Haven't been able to attribute it to any increased growth or texture change though.

Dammit it....no silky Asian hair for me :nono: :sad:

:rolleyes:

Vashti

I don't really care about hair texture but I've read that it can help with hair growth. I may pick up a bottle tomorrow.

missyanne

I have been taken MSM for 7 months, no Asian hair for me. It did smooth my kinks in the back and edge but nothing dramatic. I take it mostly cause it help with my joint pain.

DirectorChic

Double agree but check this statement out from that article's post earlier:

For general use, MSM - Methylsulfonylmethane - should be taken internally as a food (dietary) supplement. MSM is necessary for collagen synthesis: skin, hair and nails. MSM keeps cells from becoming rigid. MSM softens tissue ("the beauty mineral"), and is believed to relieve stress, asthma, arthritis, inflammation, constipation, candida, detoxify the body and increase blood circulation, reduce muscle cramps, and back pain, help muscles to heal, increases energy, alertness, mental calmness, and the ability to concentrate. MSM scavenges free radicals, relieves allergies to food and pollens, helps the liver produce choline, controls acidity in stomach and ulcers, coats intestinal tract so parasites lose ability to hang on, helps with hypersensitivity to drugs, increases body’s ability to produce insulin, is important for carbohydrate metabolism, and speeds wound healing.

Is this why they say blacks have the least of this element because of what MSM does?

Kiowa

umm..I've been taking about 5000mg per day over the last 6 months...it might be a trick of the light, but people have been asking me if I wear contacts because my eyes look lighter...I don't have Asian hair yet, but I did notice that my hair is growing out of scalp a slight lighter than 1B

also the 5000mg per day was making me zone out, and I needed a nap in the middle of the day..so side effects can be YMMV

gn1g

I was just thinking of this thread, wondering what benefits the OP found. I've been brushing my teeth with MSM and it makes a world of difference in strengthening my teeth and making them less sensitive.

PureSilver

Bumping for more replies.
I read the entire thread, quite informative Hairgasm provided some wonderful products for health, thanks for that Years ago i took MSM and i did notice a difference in my knee pains can't say i remember noticing a difference in my hair texture or growth but i need to get back on this very soon because there are days when i feel worse than an arthritic old lady.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
It think your hair texture naturally can change after a certain number of years.

Mine does. Every 7 years my hair texture changes on a limited spectrum. Years 1 through 7 it gets very fine and straighter. Years 8 through 14 it goes from fine to coarser. My skin color changes too. I go from brown to a lighter yellow and back again.