MSM = Asian Hair?!

nomoweavesfome

[
gn1g said:
what's the ingredients of the woodroot, and why did you start taking it?

dawg- my response didn't go through and I typed an earful. Sorry I hijacked your thread hairgasm..

I originally took woodroot tonic for my eczema and with my allergies blowing my nose all day I thought it would help. Taking it by itself alleviated the eczema somewhat but boy did it clear up that mucous!!!!

It is nast as all ears because it is bitter. That's why I like the blue montain brand because they carry spearmint flavor but sold out everywhere!!

the ingredients are:
Purified Distilled Water
Four Main Strength
Chaney Root
African Cayenne
Sarsaparilla
Cerasee
God Bush
Burdock
Sour Sop Leaf
Stiffcock Strongback
Jack In A Bush
Saw Palmetto Berries
Sage
Bitters
Cinnamon
Cloves
Ginger

here's another read-up
http://www.rootzreggae.com/Rootz-kulcha/BabaRahsan.htm

Last edited:

Hairgasm

nomoweavesfome said:
hairgasm, you appear to be up on your game and will try and stick to anything that will be beneficial to your health, much like myself. I was just curious after you stated about the mucousy stuff being expelled from the body, it reminds me of woodroot tonic which I fell off since taking so much other stuff, but I used to take religiously every night and this stuff was like woa! have you ever tried it?

http://www.aspoonful.com/html/woodroot.html

Hi nomoweavesfome. Yes, it's true - I'm a health fanatic. Not perfect or even disciplined by any means, but definitely concerned and proactive when it comes to my health. I strive for balance, meaning I eat healthy and clean 75% of the time. I can get down on some greasy soul food, though, and I do once a week. I also love champagne and apple martinis and indulge in them once or twice a week. Life is too short for deprivation! :)

I have never heard of that tonic, but it sounds interesting! I'll read more about it. Can you give us more details on what it does for you? And how do you take it?

I can honestly say I have not had a cold, flu, stomach illness or anything of that sort in 10 years. I believe that illness is not only a frame of mind and low energy pattern, but it is also a result of not cleansing and nourishing our bodies. Hey, it's my belief and it works for me. I'm certainly not saying it's everyone's truth.

When I've been around negative people or slacking in the nutrition department, my throat starts to get scratchy and I feel slightly feverish. That's when I take control, do a day of fasting and internal cleansing herbs and fiber with tons of distilled water, load up on MSM, zinc, and vitamin C, eat nourishing whole foods, get more rest, and straight CUT negativity out of my life.

Whenever I hear someone say stuff like, "Black women have lower self-esteem than other women," or "Black women don't take care of their health as well as women of other races do," I'm like - you obviously haven't met me. Because I care about myself very much, and believe that EVERYONE should.

Not trying to make this a racial pity party, but I feel that Black women get dogged a lot in society - by our men AND the rest of mankind. Thus, I double up in the self-love department and give to myself the care, comfort, and consideration I expect to receive from others. It works!

I say, pamper yourself to the hilt!!! Do what is good for you always.

nomoweavesfome

Hairgasm said:
Hi nomoweavesfome. Yes, it's true - I'm a health fanatic. Not perfect or even disciplined by any means, but definitely concerned and proactive when it comes to my health. I strive for balance, meaning I eat healthy and clean 75% of the time. I can get down on some greasy soul food, though, and I do once a week. I also love champagne and apple martinis and indulge in them once or twice a week. Life is too short for deprivation! :)

I have never heard of that tonic, but it sounds interesting! I'll read more about it. Can you give us more details on what it does for you? And how do you take it?

I can honestly say I have not had a cold, flu, stomach illness or anything of that sort in 10 years. I believe that illness is not only a frame of mind and low energy pattern, but it is also a result of not cleansing and nourishing our bodies. Hey, it's my belief and it works for me. I'm certainly not saying it's everyone's truth.

When I've been around negative people or slacking in the nutrition department, my throat starts to get scratchy and I feel slightly feverish. That's when I take control, do a day of fasting and internal cleansing herbs and fiber with tons of distilled water, load up on MSM, zinc, and vitamin C, eat nourishing whole foods, get more rest, and straight CUT negativity out of my life.

Whenever I hear someone say stuff like, "Black women have lower self-esteem than other women," or "Black women don't take care of their health as well as women of other races do," I'm like - you obviously haven't met me. Because I care about myself very much, and believe that EVERYONE should.

Not trying to make this a racial pity party, but I feel that Black women get dogged a lot in society - by our men AND the rest of mankind. Thus, I double up in the self-love department and give to myself the care, comfort, and consideration I expect to receive from others. It works!

I say, pamper yourself to the hilt!!! Do what is good for you always.

girl me and you can be friends - I feel the same I like the way you think and it's true. As far as the woodroot- I've been taking on and off for @ 7 years. It definitely cleanses. You WILL make that bowel movement and it WILL get rid of the mucous! I haven't had any real health issues thank the Lord in Heaven so I never had to take for anything serious but I had a friend who had tumor in brain and started with that and he has a clean bill of health now. he's the one that started me on it. He takes his with Karomantee tonic as well though - I just have allergies and eczema which I found people who are most suceptible - (can't spell) to that are those who are deficient in Omega 3 so I've upped my game on that and I am actually haven't had an eczema itch flare up in 4 weeks. So I guess it is true and it is working. I still struggle with allergies BUT it is not nearly as bad as it was, I will definitely give the Omega 3 therapy time to work.. I also ordered this stuff called ALLERNON( http://www.allernon.com/view.asp ) which is supposed to make your body develop antibodies to pollen, mold, dust etc so you are no longer allergic.-- Just waiting for the UPS man to knock on my door anyday! I'm all off topic but I can go on about health all day too!!!!!!!! I tell you I'm gonna live to @ 130 years old!!! u too!! gonna give you a shout out when they announce the old people birthday on the news!! lol

ToyToy

SweetNic_JA said:
Is anyone taking vitamin C with her MSM? I have never focused on taking vitamin C while on MSM, but I have always read that MSM should be taken with vitamin C for maximal results? Can anyone give input?

I take 2 1000mg MSM with 150 mg (if I'm correct) Vitamin C a day. It comes together in the tablet. I've only started three days ago, though, so I can't really comment yet. I drink tons of water along with it.

AtlantaJJ

nomoweavesfome said:
girl me and you can be friends - I feel the same I like the way you think and it's true. As far as the woodroot- I've been taking on and off for @ 7 years. It definitely cleanses. You WILL make that bowel movement and it WILL get rid of the mucous! I haven't had any real health issues thank the Lord in Heaven so I never had to take for anything serious but I had a friend who had tumor in brain and started with that and he has a clean bill of health now. he's the one that started me on it. He takes his with Karomantee tonic as well though - I just have allergies and eczema which I found people who are most suceptible - (can't spell) to that are those who are deficient in Omega 3 so I've upped my game on that and I am actually haven't had an eczema itch flare up in 4 weeks. So I guess it is true and it is working. I still struggle with allergies BUT it is not nearly as bad as it was, I will definitely give the Omega 3 therapy time to work.. I also ordered this stuff called ALLERNON( http://www.allernon.com/view.asp ) which is supposed to make your body develop antibodies to pollen, mold, dust etc so you are no longer allergic.-- Just waiting for the UPS man to knock on my door anyday! I'm all off topic but I can go on about health all day too!!!!!!!! I tell you I'm gonna live to @ 130 years old!!! u too!! gonna give you a shout out when they announce the old people birthday on the news!! lol

I should send you guys the $75.00 an hour I'm paying my therapist!!! This is excellent information on multiple levels from self love to proactive health care... Man I hit the lotto when I found this board. Thank you wonderful sisters for sharing and just know that at least this girl is getting some great education and encouragement from you.

SweetNic_JA

ToyToy said:
I take 2 1000mg MSM with 150 mg (if I'm correct) Vitamin C a day. It comes together in the tablet. I've only started three days ago, though, so I can't really comment yet. I drink tons of water along with it.
Thanks ToyToy. I think I may actually go out and purchase some vitamin C supplements since I will be using the MSM powder.

ADB

nomoweavesfome said:

This is such good information.:clap: I love learning about new things that can make you healthier. I wonder...do you think I could take the woodroot along with the Serrapeptase?:confused:

nomoweavesfome

ADB said:
This is such good information.:clap: I love learning about new things that can make you healthier. I wonder...do you think I could take the woodroot along with the Serrapeptase?:confused:

lol - I know don't you love it!! we gonna live long ya'll!! lol I wanna be alive when Jesus comes back!

anywhoo let me stop crackin!! I don't see why you couldn't use it in conjunction with Serrapeptase. In fact it sounds very beneficial but I'm no doctor. I personally take woodroot upon bedtime.(that's if you don't mind morning boo-boo) Works great! I guess it depends on how you want to space your supplements out.

SweetNic_JA

Nymphe said:
If you drink juice, do you really need more vitamin C?
It depends on how much vitamin C is in your drink. I'm interested in finding out the ratio of MSM to vitamin C that should be taken.

tuffCOOKiE

Thank you ladies, that was very helpful. I do have some questions though. Since I've started my hair journey the first thing I did was go out and buy products, supplements included. My health/eating patter was the pitts (I was a college student).

My body was not absorbing the supplements I was taking so I just stopped taking them. I tried the Ultimate Cleanse by Nature's Bounty but I stopped because it was really (really) making me sick I guess it was too much for me. I'll try it again come spring perhaps. (i'm eating healthier)

My queston is this: To help absorption, should I do a cleanse then take digestive enzymes? Or if I start the digestive enzymes, would those not work also?

Is there a cheaper alternative to serrapeptase? I'm a former college student and money is an issue:look:

Thanks again!!:)

XXXtacy

Mizani_Mrs said:
Welcome to the board! And thanks so much for sharing your story. Yea it is very good to hear someone's results from longterm use of MSM. I had to laugh at your story when you said you didn't want to scare the kids. I have been taking TriMedica powdered MSM for maybe 5months now... Hmmm, i'm not quite ready to contribute my growth or my halted shedding to MSM, just yet. I do swear that it has helped my knees feel better and I do not get sinus headaches every week like i used to. And when i do get them, they are very mild...so i plan to continue using because of these benefits...Maybe 5yrs down the road from here i'll be posting with great longterm results as you are...

I love MSM!! Havent taken it in a few months because of I ran out. Will definately start back when I purchase some more. :) I was supposed to get cortisone shots in one of my knees because I injured my knee. Put it off for a little while. Started taking MSM to promote hair growth and It was wonderful. My skin looked fabulous and have not had any problems with my knee.

Hairgasm

tuffCOOKiE said:
Thank you ladies, that was very helpful. I do have some questions though. Since I've started my hair journey the first thing I did was go out and buy products, supplements included. My health/eating patter was the pitts (I was a college student).

My body was not absorbing the supplements I was taking so I just stopped taking them. I tried the Ultimate Cleanse by Nature's Bounty but I stopped because it was really (really) making me sick I guess it was too much for me. I'll try it again come spring perhaps. (i'm eating healthier)

My queston is this: To help absorption, should I do a cleanse then take digestive enzymes? Or if I start the digestive enzymes, would those not work also?

Is there a cheaper alternative to serrapeptase? I'm a former college student and money is an issue:look:

Thanks again!!:)

Hi there. Just so you know, you were probably experiencing the breakthrough toxin purge when you were getting sick on Ultimate Cleanse. That's what it does. It pulls stuff out of your cells into your bloodstream so it can be excreted via your skin, kidneys and colon. What you had is called a "cleansing crisis." If you were to do the full 7 days, the next time it would be easier.

You can start enzymes ANY TIME. Just be sure to space them apart from medication, caffeine and alcohol, because they rapidly break everything down. I took an enzyme pill with my coffee once. I felt like I had smoked crack! :eek:

Serrapeptase is a protein-digesting enzyme. Yes, there are cheaper alternatives I suppose, such as other proteases like bromelain (from pineapples) or any other protein enzyme on an empty stomach and with food.

infojunkie

Well being the information junkie that I am, this thread has definitely been overload for me. And I loved every second of it!

Hairgasm, you're my new best bud, so glad you came to LHCF. I'm soooo subscribing to this thread.

Happy Hair Growing and Great Health To All!

C

cieramichele

Thats what I would like to see too after reading this thread

Welp all I can say is MSM made me HELLA SICK!

too scared to touch it again

Not to be negative but she never said anything about the picture after the girls kept asking.

Im guessing you were detoxing.
I picked that Lingisul (sp) up today and Vit C. I was taking liquid MSM previously

I was wondering why my new growth was hella soft. I thought it was just from being natural...but that is STILL a possibility.

Irresistible

Not to be negative but she never said anything about the picture after the girls kept asking.

Im guessing you were detoxing.
I picked that Lingisul (sp) up today and Vit C. I was taking liquid MSM previously

I was wondering why my new growth was hella soft. I thought it was just from being natural...but that is STILL a possibility.

yeah its a serious detox , and I'm a wimp and cannot take it! I was miserable!

I get my sulfur from garlic , no symptoms!

thats a possibility plus your taking good care of your hair :yep:

C

cieramichele

yeah its a serious detox , and I'm a wimp and cannot take it! I was miserable!

I get my sulfur from garlic , no symptoms!

thats a possibility plus your taking good care of your hair :yep:

Were you drinkin a lot of water too? I bet you were. If not well, you know.
As long as you get it, the method doesnt mater! :wacky:

Yeah, I'm trying. this natural hair is new to me and super awesome. Im still amazed at the fact that this CURLY hair is MY hair.

Duchesse

Oh Man! I read all 12 pages just to get a pic and nothing!

I've taken vitamin Shoppe brand msm for about 8 months. I didn't notice any texture changes but my skin looks amazing now I must say.

I need to order more though, I would love to have some Asian hurr on my head(just joking :look:).

AwesomelyNappy

i wish there were some photos somewhere, but i'll still take my MSM for its other benefits... i've been slacking for a few months...

d-rock

I agree, I don't think the black population has a deficiency in sulfur :perplexed . and I certainly do not think it has anything to do with race. This is a mystery though?

I have to agree with you. I think "black" people in general are very mixed (in terms of ancestry). Enough so, to result in a lot of inconsistency in our genetic make-up, making such a generalization about a group of people classified using incorrect color tags, pretty presumptuous. :ohwell: But that's just my opinion.