MSM capsules or powder?

*ElleB

And what brand and recommended dosage?

I am currently taking Andrew Lessman Healthy Hair Skin and Nails with 750mg of MSM in it, once a day...I don't want to take two, I'm just interested in supplemeting the MSM...

BTW, it also has 2500mcg of Biotin, also...

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I use the Vitamin Shoppe's brand of powdered MSM. I'm not sure of the dosage but I put a half of teaspoon in juice daily. It works well. My hair is definately more managable.

ayoung

Me too.

I have been using 1/4 tsp for about a month and I just started taking 1/2 tsp about a week ago.

DEF. good changes in my skin and hair.

I like the powder cuz I can just mix it in my juice and plus---the MSM pills I had were HUGE!

Tene

I take LifeTime MSM powder and it has defiantely made my hair more manageble. I take one 1/2 teaspoon in the morning and second 1/2 teaspoon at night.

Guapa1

I also use the msm powder from Vitamin Shoppe. I'm starting on 1/4 teaspoon a day, and will go up to half a teaspoon in a few weeks.

loonatick

i just received my DistilPure msm from the a1 website. Im finishing my capsules first but then i will take 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon a day, and hope to increase.

sareca

loonatick said:
i just received my DistilPure msm from the a1 website. Im finishing my capsules first but then i will take 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon a day, and hope to increase.

Same here, I take DistilPure too. They are technically not powder, but flakes. I take about 1 level tsp 2X/day (8,000mgs).

*ElleB

Is there a dosage gauge...Like on tsp=such and such mg?
But thanks ladies, I will be on the lookout for powder MSM...

alexstin

sareca said:
Same here, I take DistilPure too. They are technically not powder, but flakes. I take about 1 level tsp 2X/day (8,000mgs).

My jar of Distilpure says 1 level tsp is 2000mgs:confused:

sareca

alexstin said:
My jar of Distilpure says 1 level tsp is 2000mgs:confused:

That's weird. My bottle doesn't say anything about dosage. But I'm still wrong. I thought the website said 4,000mgs was a level tsp. It actually says...

Alternatively you would need 210 x 1000mg Capsules or Tablets
That's why we recommend Crystal Flakes!
Measuring your MSM
A level teaspoon MSM Crystal Flakes contains approx 3,000mg
An average rounded teaspoon contains approx 4,000mg
A really heaped teaspoon contains approx 7,000mg

So I'm taking 6,000mgs/day.

Nanyanika

sareca said:
That's weird. My bottle doesn't say anything about dosage. But I'm still wrong. I thought the website said 4,000mgs was a level tsp. It actually says...

Alternatively you would need 210 x 1000mg Capsules or Tablets
That's why we recommend Crystal Flakes!
Measuring your MSM
A level teaspoon MSM Crystal Flakes contains approx 3,000mg
An average rounded teaspoon contains approx 4,000mg
A really heaped teaspoon contains approx 7,000mg

So I'm taking 6,000mgs/day.
someone needs to email the company to clarify the correct dosage, i'm fed up with all the misinformation and confusion. now i don't know how much i'm taking.

sareca

den1 said:
someone needs to email the company to clarify the correct dosage, i'm fed up with all the misinformation and confusion. now i don't know how much i'm taking.

Yep. :yep:

Isis

*ElleB said:
Is there a dosage gauge...Like on tsp=such and such mg?
But thanks ladies, I will be on the lookout for powder MSM...

I take 1/2 tsp of Vitamin World brand of powdered MSM (one month as of today!) each day and on my bottle, 1/2 tsp = 3000 mg. This coning Monday and Tuesday at Vitamin World is buy one get one free of all of their brand of vitamins.

Divine Inspiration

I take MSM crystals made by MRM (Metabolic Response Modifiers). The container came with a little scoop that measures exactly 1,000 mg so I put two scoops in a bottle of Naked Juice or a cup of tea each day.

cocoberry10

What has MSM actually done for your hair? I am just curious what benefits it has. I notice some people say it helps growth, manageability. Is there anything else? thanks

cocoberry10

What has MSM actually done for your hair? I am just curious what benefits it has. I notice some people say it helps growth, manageability. Is there anything else? thanks

Crystalicequeen123

Guapa1 said:
I also use the msm powder from Vitamin Shoppe. I'm starting on 1/4 teaspoon a day, and will go up to half a teaspoon in a few weeks.

I take Trimedica's brand of "Pure MSM" (powder form) from the Vitamin Shoppe. Is this the same thing? If so, then that's what I'm taking too! :D

princesmich

Ok ladies after all the hype, I bought MSM, I've been using it for 2 weeks now, so far I don't see any difference in my skin how long did it take for you guys to get growth and clear skin?