MSM Discussion

Tara

I was just thinking it would be a great spot to centralize all the questions we have about MSM so we could learn from each other.

So I have a question /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know a while back someone had posted about OptiMSM and I was wondering which one is best OptiMSM or lignisul MSM?

I know a lignisul brand is NOW, and Jarrow's

an OptiMSM is Natrol MSM.

Which did you (any of you that had success with the MSM) take and which did you see the best results with?

BlkMane

I think I was the person who had posted about OptiMSM on the old board. I have Twinlab's MSM which is OptiMSM. Since this is the only MSM I have ever purchased (and my first bottle), I really couldn't tell you which is best.

What IS lignisul MSM?

Tara

Hi here is the information I posted on the Linguisal MSM with a link that describes it. HTH. Right now I am taking Lignisul MSM (another trademark, like OptiMSM). So when I finish the batch I'd like to try the OptiMSM to see if I find a difference.

here is the link:

Link to Lignisul MSM Info you have to scroll down though.

According to the sites it claims that Lignisul MSM is more "available" and certified Kosher so the body absorbs it better.

I have to read more about the OptiMSM and compare notes.

pebbles

I didn't know about Lignisul MSM, but I'm going to try it as soon as I finish my current brand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

notsomebody

I have used both. The lignisul was in pill form. The opti is in powder form. I have not noticed a difference in the two except that the pills were easier for me to remember to take. I can only take the powder in a juice or shakes and when I run out of those, I tend to forget to take it because this stuff is just too bitter for most drinks.
I do like the fact that I can use the powder in my hair care regimen though. For instance, I mix some in with my water spray bottle to spray my hair with before my hot oil treatments. I don't know that it truly does anything, but I have noticed that my hair is much shinier when the treatments are done.
Also, I think the powder gets into the the system faster because it doesn't have to dissolve like the pill. All in all I haven't noticed a difference between the results of the two types. Although the Powder seems to be a better bargain. I got it online (I forget how much a Ipaid, but it wasn't very much). It came in a one pound container and a teaspoon equals 4000mgs.
So this stuff has been lasting forever.