MSM OR BIOTIN

coolsista-paris

I have been thinking for over months wich one to take?? i really don't know!

i understood that biotin is for thickness and msm for growth , tlel me if im wrong. PLUS i'll have to take other vitamins to make this work.is this true?

i want to get more growth and thickness but im a chicken on wwhats taken lots of different vitamins at the time.

HELP! i wanna boost this hair + in september im gonna start wworking out to make this work!

FRESHstart101

Bumpinggggg. I just bought some Biotin, & I need some edvice too. I didn't even know it was for THICKNES, I want growth :( opps lol, what's MSM ?

Last edited:

Blue_Berry

You can take both Msm and Biotin at the same time.

Msm-help your growth phase for last longer then it usually do , so the resting and shedding phase of the hair is short.
Biotin- Helps with increasing hair growth in general.

These items are not harmful to the body and both are water soluble. The only side effects you get from Biotin is it gives pimples and Msm gives nightmares. If you don't no how much to take. Take both of them twice a day. If you stay constant in taking them you will see results. Wait about 2 weeks or month for results to start kicking in or maybe less.

LovelyNaps26

just be prepared for any possible side effects. for me msm meant migraines so i stopped shortly after starting. my skin wasn't able to handle biotin even though i continued for a good 2 months. also, some of the women said msm made their new growth more loosely curled.

soonergirl

I love both!! I take 8600 mcg of biotin and 4000 mg of msm.. You have to take a b complex and vitamin c with this,and drink lots and lots of water...

coolsista-paris

thanks ladies!

so that means msm+biotin+b complex+ vitamin c ?? is it that? then how much of each should i take,as that is 4 all together?

Spring

I took mine with a C vitamin, and if you're taking high dosages of MSM, you need to supplement with zinc.

I took biotin for about 9 months and noticed my texture at the nape getting finer... not the result I was looking for, so I've stopped taking extra biotin, but some ladies have had great results taking biotin.

4bslbound

What you can do is take the MSM (if in powder form) in a glass of orange juice. That will cut down on pills just a tad. But I agree with the above, they are supposed to work well together!

Janet'

I take Biotin 5000mcg a day...so far so good...I've been taking it for about 3 months consistently now...You do have to up your water intake though.

Poopiedo

I take Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin, and Nails which has Biotin and MSM. I take B Complex also to keep my skin clear. So far so good.