MSM....The Good...The Bad...The Ugly

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I've been reading numerous threads on biotin and msm. I've been taking biotin for two months, and I've purchased some msm today and took my first capsule which contains 1000 mg. I've heard some complain about weight gain/bloating while using msm.:look: Are most people getting this side effect or just a few? I drink 64 oz plus water each and everyday if that helps. Thanks

cmbodley

I have been on MSM since about Feb & I take 2,000 mg day GNC brand, I also drink 1 gallon of water per day. Some folks complain about headaches, but I have not experienced it b/c I drink so much water. Some also complain about acne, but no outbreaks here.

sharifeh

I don't have any answers because I don't make msm

but please let us know how the msm works for you!

Urban

I didn't gain weight or anything, but the side effects I got:

1) It changed my monthly cycle and made it come earlier than normal
2) CRAZY wierd dreams

I'm not sure about the growth now, but it did make my skin glow.

With biotin, I think I got the odd pimple, but that was it.

Kurlee

soft new growth
glowing skin
bloated and gained weight until i stopped taking it :sad:

Krymsonkween

I have taken both since 7/08 no weight gain (I wish) soft very soft and managble new growth. Nails grow like crazy, no break outs and no weird dreams except the one about the chickens and some cheese.:lachen:

Soldier Girl

Not to sure about the weight gain, but when I dont drink lots of water my skin will get one ugly pimple that seems to take forever to go away. It does make you skin glow but you might want to start with a small dosage then increase if you want. Oh, your new growth will be a lot softer and nails seem to grow more.

Starronda

Softer ng is exactly what I need..I'm only 7 weeks post and my ng and I are already :boxing:

Not to sure about the weight gain, but when I dont drink lots of water my skin will get one ugly pimple that seems to take forever to go away. It does make you skin glow but you might want to start with a small dosage then increase if you want. Oh, your new growth will be a lot softer and nails seem to grow more.

runwaydream

i started taking it b/c everyone who took it said it made their jugs grow, the hair part was only supposed to be icing on the cake

i've been taking that nastiness for a month...

my jugs are still small :sad:

my hair texture is softer, but i can't say it's grown faster so.... after this is finished im done w. msm

grnidmonster

I love MSM, it helped my hair and nails grow and my skin was beautiful but after a while my cycle got jacked up. I refused to believe it was the MSM but after eliminating everything lse, I stopped the MSM and yep...it was the problem. I waited 6-9 months and then tried it again. Same thing right away. Oh well.

CleverGypsy

The only side effect I've noticed are some strange dreams. Not bad dreams- just strange :spinning: I take 2,000 mg MSM/ 1,000 mg C daily. I think MSM has made my hair softer and shinier. I also take other vitamins so it's a combination of things- but I like MSM alot for overall health.

NorthernCalGal

Breast got bigger...positive. Painful pimples and jacked up cycle a big fat negative. I had to stop taking it. I'm sticking to chlorella. That seemed to give me the best growth.

MrsSmitty77

I have only been taking mine a week and I have 1 pimple, but I did have a great big glass of tea the other day. Im not so worried about the weight gain ( run a lot). I figure the benefits out weight the reversible risks. We'll see.

Vonnieluvs08

I've been taking MSM and biotin since Feb and the side effects I had initially were some break outs and weird dreams. Now I only have the vivid dreams from time to time now.

I take 2000-3000mg per day of MSM and 5mg of Biotin. I wish I could get bigger chi-chis and gain some weight but that wasn't in the cards for me. I was having bad tendonitis in my knees and that has resolved. I'm natural now but when I was transitioning my hair was definitely more manageable.

TeeWhyAre

@Runway Dreams, I've heard of Evening Primrose pills making jugs grow on ladies round here but not MSM.

I've heard the bad dreams thing, too. & heard it can be eliminated by drinking lots of water & not taking MSM close to bedtime. Some of the dreams folks have described sound like what I imagine a bad acid trip would be like.

I don't take MSM internally, mostly for fear of the nightmares. I use the crystal/powder form and apply it topically. I use it as a light exfoliator for skin & scalp. I saw my skin look clear & have a nice glow until the whether reached 109 degrees & I started breaking out (no a/c @ home or work.) I purchased it bcuz I was on the bandwagon & when this runs out I won't buy any more. Idk what it does on my scalp. 'Cept it feels good & I decided to try it out since I notice MSM as an ingredient in some natural hair products.

Kurlee

Bloated and weight gain:nono:. I just started today, so I'm going to see how this works for me.:rolleyes:
it happens to some. In a past thread, there were only a few experienced this. I am very active and eat healthy, drink lots of water, so I knew and it was the msm. My arms, face and midsection swelled rapidly and when I stopped taking it, it slowly went back to normal. Messed up my cycle too:nono:, but skin and hair were great; just not worth it for me though.

tocktick

Weight gain? Bigger boobs? Oh lawd :nono:. I just started taking this yesterday but didn't hear anything about any of those side-effects. In fact, I read a few articles that said it didn't have any. The worst I heard on this board was that it was responsible for coarser and more wiry hair for some people. I'll give this two weeks to see how it goes.

Glamorous_chic

like another poster said, i haven't read that msm gives bigger boobs, i've read that evening primose oil did. i was skeptical, until i started taking it, and noticed that they seemed to be bigger. i slowly upped my dose of msm to 4gm/day, and take it at night. i take the powdered form though. (waay more economical) i do experience the vivid weird dreams and headaches. i need to start taking it during the day.

Starronda

Wow! Thanks for all the information ladies...I'm going to try it out for two weeks and see how my body reacts to it. I'm taking it in the morning along with my CLA so I'll see what happens soon.

robot.

I'm not really observant and I don't take it consistently, but it helps with my achy joints and helps improve my complexion (I take it with lots of water though, so that may be the culprit behind the skin).