MSM Users

melahnee

Which brand do you buy and how high is your dosage? I bought a random one at the store that I take 3 times a day, equaling to 3000 mg a day. It's working real well for me. I prefer this over Biotin by far because I saw results immediately and Biotin gave me breakouts.
What is the highest dosage one should take and what is the best brand?

greenandchic

I take 1000mg x2 daily.

ETA: In terms of brand, it varies since MSM is pretty standard. I mostly buy the Whole Foods brand since that's pretty cheap.

NaturallyATLPCH

I take 1000mg a day, the Trader Joe's brand.

I mainly take it for my joints, not necessarily for hair. I used to take 750mg X 3 daily. I didn't see much hair difference, but I love the overall body benefits so I keep it in my regimen for that.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I attribute the 600mg of MSM, in the Country Life Maxi Hair that I use to take to what I call "The Great Shed!" :nono:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

melahnee

Thanks to everybody who answered.

I take 1000mg a day, the Trader Joe's brand.

I mainly take it for my joints, not necessarily for hair. I used to take 750mg X 3 daily. I didn't see much hair difference, but I love the overall body benefits so I keep it in my regimen for that.

Thank you. What other benefits have you noticed?

I attribute the 600mg of MSM, in the Country Life Maxi Hair that I use to take to what I call "The Great Shed!" :nono:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

What :blush: Did you shed when you stopped taking it?

melahnee

I wish my body would agree with Biotin.. I took it for several months and didn't really notice an increased growth rate. What I did notice were a ton of breakouts. :sad:

I take Silica (I forgot the name but it's the same one pretty much everyone orders) and idk if it has done anything really either cause it's been a while since I've been taking that too. I've been taking MSM for just over month and I actually have noticed a difference and so did the lady who has been roller setting/blowing out my hair.

NaturallyATLPCH

Thanks to everybody who answered.

Thank you. What other benefits have you noticed?

Fewer muscle cramps and spasms as a result of working out really hard. Plus I read it's good for blood pressure and many other things I read up on that I can't remember off the top of my head. :lol:

melahnee

Thank you so much :yep:
I'm really liking MSM so far but I havent noticed any of these other benefits.

Tybi

I take Dr.S Best brand powder that I buy from Amazon. I take 1/2 teaspoon in the morning and another 1/2 at night equaling 4000mg total. l try to get in at least 90 oz of water a day too.

I have been doing this daily since January and have noticed much smoother, softer new growth. I can't really say that my hair is growing any faster though. I am breastfeeding which has caused my hair to become severely dry, and my new growth seems much stronger and healthier now.

I don't have any issues with my joints but my seasonal allergies seem to be under control as well.

MizzBFly

Attached is an artice written on the advantages of MSM(sulfur) I read up on this many years back on many different sites and MSM became a staple for my vitamins. When described as a suplent that will increase hair growth that link is not direct from my experience it increases the anagen stage of your hair cycle Last year on b-day March I went low carb and received alot of my nutrients through my vegetables, fast forward some months later and I was shocked at how much shedding I was getting. I made the link to the lack of sulfur being ingested even though I ate fresh greens of all varieties daily. This year Im back on MSM 1K daily until I increase to 3K daily along with vita C tablet which helps the absorption rate. Do a search yourself to see the many contributions.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6171567_msm-fast-hair-growth.html

nakialovesshoes

I take 2 tsps (8 grams) up to 1 tbsp (12 grams) of Kala Health's Fine MSM Crystals. I don't take it for hair. I take it for joint health. Other than keeping my joints from aching, the only other noticeable side effects are weird/vivid dreams.

If I were to stop taking it, the pain in my wrists would be unbearable & I probably would have to have carpel tunnel surgery.

silenttullip

Source Naturals with optiMSM
I don't use the tablets they give me muscle pain lol odd huh
I take 1/2 a teaspoon to 64oz of water
It works

Lilmama1011

I was confused because I thought msm was strictly for hair and when I went Walmart I saw joint relief I was wtf. Maybe it's two types lol

Fhrizzball

For those that take the powder form how do you drink it? I tried it in water and it's much too bitter for me and what is your ratio of powder to liquid when you take it?

ChocolatePie777

For those that take the powder form how do you drink it? I tried it in water and it's much too bitter for me and what is your ratio of powder to liquid when you take it?
Its disgusting that way and I just end up wasting it......I even tried it in juice....smoothies etc....still revolting...I just pop them pills cause I cant deal

Fhrizzball

Its disgusting that way and I just end up wasting it......I even tried it in juice....smoothies etc....still revolting...I just pop them pills cause I cant deal

Thanks. I just found a half finished jar in my pantry so trying to think of ways to take it. I don't know how I got through adding it to orange juice before as I can't stand it now.

Okay

Has anyone had nightmares as a side effect?

I really wanna take msm again but the nightmares I got were crazy :nono: I was even afraid to fall asleep at one point thats how bad it was!

yynot

Just finished a bottle of Natures Way 1000mg tablets, taken 3 times a day. I really want to switch to a powder. The dreams are crazy and i do believe my new growth came in a little softer/looser. No shoulder pain when I take them.

smores

Bump Bump bump-biddy!!

I take (2) Doctor's Best 1,500mg each for a total of 3,000 daily. I've seen where women take between 5,000-6,000k and reported increased growth.

Anyone taking that much?

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
I've had it for months but havn't taken it, i'm too scared of the texture change!

Anybody experience that??...did it like make your hair straight?

julzinha

I've had it for months but havn't taken it, i'm too scared of the texture change!

Anybody experience that??...did it like make your hair straight?
I mega dose and my texture hasn't really changed at all. Nothing but a relaxer will make your hair straight.

julzinha

Bump Bump bump-biddy!!

I take (2) Doctor's Best 1,500mg each for a total of 3,000 daily. I've seen where women take between 5,000-6,000k and reported increased growth.

Anyone taking that much?
I also use Doctors best, but I take the capsules. I'm at 11,000 and the increase in growth is very true.

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Thank the lawd!...how much do you take? I have 1000mcg tabs, to take two daily...would that be enough for hair growth?

I mega dose and my texture hasn't really changed at all. Nothing but a relaxer will make your hair straight.
J