MSM Users

Aggie

You guys have me out here shopping! I got some vit C in my cart and now I'm eyeing collagen. I've only ever tried the Great Lakes brand, but I am looking at this one. They also have Strawberry Lemonade flavour and Lavender Lemonade flavour on A-zon. Does anyone know if these flavours work the same as the unflavoured?

EDIT: The "Beauty" Collagens don't have as good of an amino acid profile as the original.

EDIT 2: I'll stick with the Great Lakes collagen and add the vit C powder.

View attachment 472141
My bad. It was me, I kinda revived this old thread :blush:. I'm glad that many are sharing their experiences about this wonderful supplement. For example, who knew that it helped fade melasma - I certainly didn't. I have @Chicoro :kiss: to thank for that and now I can share that with many persons I know that have them.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
This is what I have been taking. I only look for brands that have the OptiMSM attached to it. My Jarrow Formulas have it and so does my Source Naturals brand. I did not want to waste time and money on any other type. I need results and I need them now, :lol:
Okay Veruca Salt :lachen: I agree with you about not wasting time and money, although I do both from time to time:mad: I hate that I do that, but I always intend on using what I have.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
My bad. It was me, I kinda revived this old thread :blush:. I'm glad that many are sharing their experiences about this wonderful supplement. For example, who knew that it helped fade melasma - I certainly didn't. I have @Chicoro :kiss: to thank for that and now I can share that with many persons I know that have them.

4,000 mg per day is the threshold amount for melasma, 50 spf PHYSICAL sunscreen (with zinc oxide and titanium oxide and iron oxide) and a hat are necessary, too. No cheap, chemical sunscreen because it absorbs heat, and absorbed heat can worsen melasma. They need iron oxide to block visible light. Visible light triggers melasma, too. One must have all these three. It's like a holy trinity: MSM, physical sunscreen + visible light component, and a hat.

Chicoro

I went out and got some vit C powder today. Hopefully between the OptiMSM (which my other brands were not), the vit C powder, and the collagen, I will notice a growth spurt.

3 months

3 months is the time to assess impact. My suggestion is to find an easily, identifiable section of hair. Stretch it out. Measure it. Photograph it and document the date. Document when you start your MSM/Vitamin C powder and collagen journey. Then, measure that very same section of hair in exactly 90 days. Measure that exact same section. You will be counting strands, not just bulks of hair. If you don’t notice anything by then, perhaps it’s truly not working for you.

snoop

3 months

3 months is the time to assess impact. My suggestion is to find an easily, identifiable section of hair. Stretch it out. Measure it. Photograph it and document the date. Document when you start your MSM/Vitamin C powder and collagen journey. Then, measure that very same section of hair in exactly 90 days. Measure that exact same section. You will be counting strands, not just bulks of hair. If you don’t notice anything by then, perhaps it’s truly not working for you.

This is a great suggestion! I plan on keeping my hair bound until the end of the month, so when I take down this style, I will measure and then start tracking.

Chicoro

The above MSM thread (MSM Roll Call) was started in Jan 2007, as in fourteen (14) years ago. I posted here because there may be some things you recognize that are happening to you. Or, the information may help you be aware of what is happening to you.

In posts #3, #18 and #115 people mentioned the MSM helped them with their seasonal allergies. I noticed that my nose had been running a lot. I would look up and see clear liquid coming out of my nose. I was like, "WHY is my nose running? I don't think I am getting sick. I hope not." It looks like MSM may detox the inflammation in the nasal passages as well. I didn't put two and two together until I perused the aforementioned, link I attached.

I personally have not noticed any texture changes in my hair. I do know that the bantu knots at the back of my neck were at a growth stand still. I had to take some nasty stuff from Nov to December to fortify me for a major surgery. I attribute about 1 inch of growth from that stuff. I think the other inch came from MSM. That second inch came from January to April. That's not a lot, but it's significant if your hair was at a standstill for YEARS.

Again, my reason for using it is to combat this hideous melasma on my face. It literally is erasing 1 dot of darkness a week, but I will take it because it is better than nothing. I look like the Hamburgler across my eyes. The difference is he is wearing a mask and I am not. It's improving slowly but surely, thanks to MSM.

1621180223488.png