MSM Users

smores

I also use Doctors best, but I take the capsules. I'm at 11,000 and the increase in growth is very true.

Thanks for replying! 11,000mg. How long did it take to reach that dosage? How do you space out your dosage throughout the day?

I may do an extra 1,500 per week and see how high I can go without issues. I take the tablets (1,500 mg each) over the capsules (1,000mg) because I'm trying to cut back on the number of pills in my regemine.

julzinha

How long did it take for you to work up to that dosage and what was your normal growth rate before and with MSM?
I started with 4000 in April and every few months increased by 2000. With msm the more you take the more you see. I started to see a real increase in growth at 8000. My hair in slow areas is 1/4 in and fast areas prob an inch, with msm my slow areas are getting 1/2in and fast areas 1 1/2 to 2 in

@smores

Daina

I was only ever able to get up to 3,000 buy couldn't take the non-stop spotting and when my period finally did come it stayed on for 2 weeks. I had to stop taking it and wish everyday I could start back taking it. I definitely saw growth and thickness, had more physical energy and my skin looked great. Has anyone else had the menstrual issues and had it subside while still taking MSM?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
@Daina
I'm very regular (always have been), but the MSM did EXACTLY what you described in your post. So after "dealing with it" for over a year I stopped taking it.

I tried it out again years later and same thing happened.

julzinha

I was only ever able to get up to 3,000 buy couldn't take the non-stop spotting and when my period finally did come it stayed on for 2 weeks. I had to stop taking it and wish everyday I could start back taking it. I definitely saw growth and thickness, had more physical energy and my skin looked great. Has anyone else had the menstrual issues and had it subside while still taking MSM?
I'm the opposite my period still comes but is very light. It used to be 5 days of heavy flow to 3 days of regular to light flow

ETA: I forgot to add that I split my doses with 5000 in the morning and evening and 1000 before bed. I also take it will vitamin C

Daina

I'm the opposite my period still comes but is very light. It used to be 5 days of heavy flow to 3 days of regular to light flow

ETA: I forgot to add that I split my doses with 5000 in the morning and evening and 1000 before bed. I also take it will vitamin C

@julzinha, wow I wish because the benefits are so worth it. My MIL has chronic knee pain so I gave the bottle to her and it has helped her tremendously.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Wow, I haven't had any issues with my period and I've been taking 2000-3000 a day. Will try to up it to 6000 and see if there are any issues.

@julzinha are you also taking biotin?. I'm going to run out of my multi vitamin soon. I was thinking about sticking with my morning green smoothie (it has all of the vitamins I need minus biotin and iron) but supplementing it with biotin.

julzinha

Wow, I haven't had any issues with my period and I've been taking 2000-3000 a day. Will try to up it to 6000 and see if there are any issues.

@julzinha are you also taking biotin?. I'm going to run out of my multi vitamin soon. I was thinking about sticking with my morning green smoothie (it has all of the vitamins I need minus biotin and iron) but supplementing it with biotin.
Yes I also take 10,000 of biotin

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I take 5, 000 mg and this is my limit. This stuff literally CURED my acne issues. I can now go without prescription meds and can use moisturizers and other skincare products without breaking out. My skin is the most beautiful it has EVER been in my ENTIRE life. NO JOKE. And it did not take long to see the effects either.

I used the Jarrow Formulas brand and switched to Source Naturals, but I think I am going back to Jarrow Formulas. My results were more noticeable with the JF brand.

Ajna

I took MSM with Chondroitin and Glucosamine, I started taking it because my knees were starting to make noise when I worked out. I never noticed any additional hair growth and I took it for about 15 months. It did help a lot with the joints and it also made my boobs bigger - which for me is not a good thing. I have been off it for about 9 months and the knee issue is back I was thinking about starting back.

Also I prefer the liquid Wellase I think or joint juice I got them both from Costco

BlackRinse

I need to start taking msm again.I remember my non existent nails grew so fast and hard when I used to take it. I recovered faster from muscle soreness caused by the gym and my hair grew faster. Also helped with my rheumatoid which is acting up again.

Daina

I think I'm going to give it one more try because my growth and thickness were legit! I'm going to start with one 500 mg pill per day because my Hair La Vie vitamins also have MSM but I'm not sure of the level. Each week I'm going to gradually increase to see if I can get back to 3,000 mg which I think is my sweet spot. Hopefully the gradual increase over the next 6 weeks will help keep the issues with my period in check. Wish me luck girls!

smores

I started with 4000 in April and every few months increased by 2000. With msm the more you take the more you see. I started to see a real increase in growth at 8000. My hair in slow areas is 1/4 in and fast areas prob an inch, with msm my slow areas are getting 1/2in and fast areas 1 1/2 to 2 in

@smores

Thanks! I like idea of increasing monthly just so I can monitor what's going on. Do you take anything beyond MSM?

Aggie

I take 1500-3000mg a day but I need to increase that to at 6000 mg a day now.

My new growth did grow in a little looser and I was able to stretch my texlax to 41 weeks this time around. As soon as I stopped for a couple months, my new growth went crazy thick.

My hair hardly shed while taking it so I'm back on it because of the great hair growth results, shorter less painful periods, and very little menstrual symptoms. It's a keeper for me.

Aggie

I take 5, 000 mg and this is my limit. This stuff literally CURED my acne issues. I can now go without prescription meds and can use moisturizers and other skincare products without breaking out. My skin is the most beautiful it has EVER been in my ENTIRE life. NO JOKE. And it did not take long to see the effects either.

I used the Jarrow Formulas brand and switched to Source Naturals, but I think I am going back to Jarrow Formulas. My results were more noticeable with the JF brand.
Agreed. Jarrow Formulas works best for me also. I'm trying to finish up a bottle of NOW Vitamins and going right back to my JF.

Oh I almost forgot, I also take it with vitamin C with every dosage. I think it works better when taken together

julzinha

Have you noticed any difference after taking the bamboo extract? I use to drink the tea but I may not have been consistent enough to have seen any results :/
I feel like my hair is stronger and thicker, and my follicles are also very strong

CurlyRy

Agreed. Jarrow Formulas works best for me also. I'm trying to finish up a bottle of NOW Vitamins and going right back to my JF.

Oh I almost forgot, I also take it with vitamin C with every dosage. I think it works better when taken together

Have you ever tried Doctor's Best? I tried it because of recommendations but I'm wondering if Jarrow could be better

Aggie

Have you ever tried Doctor's Best? I tried it because of recommendations but I'm wondering if Jarrow could be better
No so sorry. I've never tried Doctor's Best but I have tried Now Vitamins and I have to admit, I still like the growth results of JF way better.

CurlyRy

No so sorry. I've never tried Doctor's Best but I have tried Now Vitamins and I have to admit, I still like the growth results of JF way better.
Hmmm, I about to order more MSM soon so I might try Jarrow out then. Thanks for answering!

GGsKin

I've been taking MSM consistently, and recently increased my dose to 3000 mg a day (from 1500 taken in the a.m with Vitamin C). My nails seem to be growing faster.

If I increase again, it will be after a couple of months. I previously tried to increase my dose (I think maybe too fast) and broke out. So far so good.

Aggie

Hmmm, I just finished watching a CurlyProverbz video on MSM and how to take it safely and what combinations to use while mixing it both Orally and topically. I will mix it both ways because this worked on my hair before but I stopped doing both regimens consistently. I'll be starting this again since I cut my hair back quite a bit. My hair was at BSB, now I'm back to above APL. The MSM seemed to extend my growth (anagen) phase so it's time to go back to what worked for me.

TLC1020

I bought the powder and vitamin c last week, I won't be drinking it every day, I've decided to take it every other day. I only take the small scoop full that came in the container. I also put some of the MSM powder in my oil as well. I'll give it about three months to see what it do.

Last edited:

snoop

I bought the powder and vitamin c last week, I won't be drinking it every day, I've decided to take it every other day. I only take the small scoop full that came in the container. I also put some of the MSM powder in my oil as well. I'll give it about three months to see what it do.

MSM powder is not oil soluble, it's water soluble. You're better off putting it in a spray bottle.

Aggie

The thing I need now is collagen powder to add to my MSM/Vit C mixture. I think I will get much better results with this amazing combination.

This is the one I am thinking about purchasing:

1620865639991.png

Along with this flavored one:

1620865845306.png