msm

prettygirl

is msm more productive when taken internally or used in your shampoo and conditioner?I was just wondering because this product was not added to my vitamin regime yet and now i am reading
how important it is for your roots,but yesterday I was at the health food store and i noticed that they had msm shampoos and conditioners this led me to my question how effective would this high dosage msm shampoo or conditioner be to you hair as opposed to taking the supplements?

Chichi

Yes, it does help your roots stay soft. I am 10 weeks past my relaxer and loving it
. I heard that MSM powder is best. I take it mixed with water every morning (it's kind of bitter but you could also mix it with juice). I purchased mine from www.puremsm.com.

HTH.

Chichi

katherine

Remember your hair on your head is dead so to get the benefits of any vitamin it is best taken internally so your body can use it where it needs to. Now you may want to try the shampoo's it may help???? But to get the full effect of the vitamin you will have to digest it in your body:)

henrilou

I have been taking MSM 1000mg everyday and I do feel the benefits. But there is really nothing to be done to the hair once it is OUT OF YOUR SCALP. Vitamins only nourish the follicles so that the hair growing out of it is at it's best.

So. If you can nourish the new growth as it comes out of your scalp you have a higher chance at retaining length once that new growth becomes your ENDS, because it will have had a stronger/healthier start.

Also, I might add; Evening Primrose Oil is EXCELLENT for dry hair. Your new growth will come in softer. I thought it was expensive, but I found it at TARGET for 5 bucks. (75 capsules)

ineedmoney

what about using products on your scalp with sulfur in it. isn't that what msm is, sulfur? I was thinking about going back to sulfur 8 for that reason(that and along with my dry scalp)