mtg and the nape/temple area

meia

hey everyone!
it is CERTAINLY NOT my intention to start another MTG thread lol cos im thinkin its startin to get on everyones nerves and i dont mean to impose..i was just curious, has anyone tried mtg for the nape and temple area?

i really want my temples to grow in kinda full and thick..cos im gettin one of those receeding hairlines because of the relaxers killing the baby hair in the front and pulling my hair back..ive had some theories about it..but im pretty sure the chemicals in no lye relaxers (they always used mizani when i got my hair done) kill the hair in the front..

i was hoping that mtg (i just used it for the first time a few minutes ago) would grow in the hairline..

has anyone used it for this purpose (amongst regular hair growth)? any successes? any failures? i can definitely tell its working already just because of the tingling when i first put it on and now its still tingling *pleasantly* lol..hmmmmm...

thanks!
meia

Last edited:

Millahdoowop

Yeah it should grow it back with no problems. Also you can try going to sleep with a plastic cap on and a scarf over that. I've read that has also helped in regaining hairlines.

meia

thank you so much millah!! lol girllll i used to have a hairline..hahaha now all i got is a big ol apple head lol without that hair to make it look smaller lol hahahaa...thanks again!!!!
-meia:grin:

genesis

I use MTG all over my scalp, but to tell you the truth using Surge really got my edges back full and thick.

meia

genesis..i used to use surge before..lol then i got cheap and i didnt see any results for some reason but i only used one bottle and i think i had expected results from that one bottle..it never occured to me that i should keep it up lol

millah..oh yeaaa i need to get real consistent with my mtg use and my surge use..i think what ima start doing is mixing mtg and sulfur 8 to see if it has an enhanced effect...

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES..ohhhh by the way mtg is a topical hair product that was originally intended for horses to grow thick and healthy manes but since has been used by a lot of women on this board for hair growth!

hope that helps!
meia

Belle Du Jour

I use MTG and it does work for most of my head. But it's not doing much for the hairline or nape. I'm using Black castor oil in those areas now, and may try surge if that doesn't work.

Blossssom

classimami713 said:
I use MTG and it does work for most of my head. But it's not doing much for the hairline or nape. I'm using Black castor oil in those areas now, and may try surge if that doesn't work.

I ordered the Saini scalp oil from India and it seems to show some improvement...

You can check out the Saini oil at India Abundance. I found this site due to our very good friend, Sterry :)

meia

classimami: you know whats weird? this is my third time using it today and its looking like its making the nape and temple areas grow in nicely..i was checking my hairline..and because of years of relaxers its receeded..

i checked today (this is my 3rd application this week) and on the temples exactly and a b it towards the center of my hairline its starting to fill in..CAN I RECOMMEND TRYING SOMETHING (although you might already do this)? Ive started to massage.. reallllyyy massage the mtg into the hairline and the front part of my hair because thts where most of my danage has been centralized..and ive started to religiously wrap overnight and right before i get in the shower ill comb and brush it back so its smooth and then ill wrap it again till i feel it has set when i leave the house in the morning..

i was reallyyy gonna try the black castor oil cos i read up on the "haitian hair secrets" post and it seemed like a good thing to try

blossom: that sounds like a really good idea..i must look that oil up..the only indian oils ive tried were dabur vatika (the green oil) there was another oil- jasmine oil, and of courseee...blue parachute coconut oil..

i knew a lotttt of indian people hahaha lol so im knee deep in indian beauty care..lol ..never heard of arrowhead mtg..unless you mean mane and tail..i currently use their deep moisturizing conditioner..ive noticed their products are extra cheap and they have a good range of different products like leave-ins and stuff...id definitely recommend them if thats who you mean..

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
When I was texturized, I used both Surge and MTG together. Talk about maximum hair growth! :lol: Anyhow, I don't use MTG on my scalp,I use it on my hait to prevent clogging the pores. No damage was caused, just phenominal hair growth. ;)

Mahalialee4

Naturalchallenge: Did you say you do not use MTG on your scalp and that you mix it with Surge? How much Surge to MTG...do you just add the Surge to the MTG oil? How often? This would make a good leave in for the hair maybe if you did not want to put Surge on your scalp, I think.... Have you started using the MTG on your scalp yet or are you planning to stick to the above mentioned regime? Bonjour

L

lkg4healthyhair

Natrlchallenge said:
When I was texturized, I used both Surge and MTG together. Talk about maximum hair growth! :lol: Anyhow, I don't use MTG on my scalp,I use it on my hait to prevent clogging the pores. No damage was caused, just phenominal hair growth. ;)

Natrl, I just got my MTG and I am looking to use it with Surge.

Question:

are you still seeing results by using MTG only on the hair and not on the scalp? Also, how many times a day or week did you apply MTG and Surge, and did you just use them one after another or mix them?

I would like to use Surge daily but MTG only 2-3 times a week.

Thanks

DDTexlaxed

I just put the MTG on my hair, nothing special -and sprayed the Surge on afterward. The Surge got rid of the MTG smell and added moisture and sheen all day. I'm going to re-order my Surge again in Sept. I just wanted to test whether MTG worked on its own and it does. I never put MTG on my scalp.Too scared of possible product build up. I hope this answers your questions. :D

DDTexlaxed

OOps, I forgot to tell you that I used Surge and MTG daily. I don't follow the directions on the bottle. I wash daily so I have no probs w/ Surge or MTG build-up. If u have any more Qs u can PM me.

meia

welll ladies...lol ive been using mtg for a week now (ive applied it three times total..once on one day and twice on another day) and my temples are really starting to grow in. im probably going to take pictures in the next few days to build my album on..you know how on hair that near your temples (if youre unlucky like me! lol :mad:) its particularly pushed back..well the mtg itself is growing NEW HAIRS! lol thats right..i was SHOCKED! its filling in quite nicely..although the middle part of my hairline could use some catching up..i like this because it also seems like its really really growing my hair..ive got about many medium 3-4 curly cues on my hairline in each collective strands of hair..

heres my regime...i recently (started today conditioner washes instead of shampoo..im not using shampoo anymore- i think its called the "curly girl routine" where you use certain products to make the curls stand out more..i just bought a book on it and im waiting for it to come in the mail..

ive decided to entirely revamp my regime..i want my hair to be long and strong and healthy..so i figured no more non natural products..its hard but if you stay consistent you guaranteed to see results..and i think thats what i needed all along..

as for the mtg..i mixed up in a small 8 oz. bottle, organics braid and cornrow itch oil its purple and it cost me like 3 or 4 dollars in sallys/walmart and i mixed that in (using more of the oil to mask the smell...it smells like cloves a bit and definitely some mint lol) and the mtg..i shake it all up even though it mixes up and doesnt separate and i apply all over my hair..to finish, i comb the mtg through all of my hair to the ends and then i massage the oil in my temple, and my hairline and all over my head...application really takes me about a half hour so i can make sure my hair is coated...i then brush and comb it back and then wrap it at night/during the day so make sure the excess gets absorbed..lol

ohhh and thanks for keeping this thread going! i hope this thread is helpful to everyone!;):D
-meia

TwistNMx

Could someone please drop me a jingle here and tell me where to purchase this stuff? MTG...I bought the wrong one this weekend.

Thanx
HP

meia

basically you go to shapleys.com or a local equestrian/maybe even a pets store, and buy it..they have it in trial size and a larger bottle..

meia

Blossssom

Natrlchallenge said:
Farmvet.com is where i got mine. Shapley's had a back order for awhile. :(

The back order should be all cleared up. I received confirmation yesterday that it's on its way :)

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
classimami713 said:
This is the same with me. While the rest of my hair is flourishing with MTG, the back and sides have barely budged...

meia

miss crystal and other who havent experienced growth in the temple/nape area: next time you apply really massage it in your scalp and right on the hairline and a bit below the hairline to id say about as far down as you want the hair to grow..

really take time to massage it..i mean like 15-20 minutes...apply a good amount there as well..try and see if this works although it does seem like a lot of trouble, ill admit it...but its worth it!

i hope this works for you!:D
meia