MTG burns up my hands!!

harigeek

Ladies-who-MTG how do you do it ?! The first time I used MTG with my bare hands they burned for days. Now I use rubber gloves to spray and massage it into my scalp. I even wash the rubber gloves when I'm done! :eek:
This morning I did the same thing but a little bit, and I mean very little, got on my hands and I quickly washed it off with soap. But now my hands are burning again!! And they are getting hard and rough.
I'm just so not happy about this. It's weird because I don't have any sores or burning on my scalp, which I did get from using Surge.

Anybody else going through this ???

senimoni

Wow...mine doesn't burn at all. But if it is burning your hands I wouldn't be using it on your scalp either....sounds like you have an allergy.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I was thinking allergy too, tho I did get a rash on my hands if this got mixed with the himani moisturizing lotion I was using. It didnt make my hands dry tho. Are you using any type of lotion on your hands that may not be compatible? That would maybe account for it affecting your hands and not your scalp. You could also have oils on your scalp that are minimizing the effects. I've heard products containing iodine can cause a reaction too. Sorry I don't have any real help for you. Be careful and good luck.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
Is the mtg bothering your scalp or the skin on your forehead/ears? If it isnt i say keep using it but get a color applicator bottle and continue to wear the gloves. It sounds crazy but the skin on your hands is exposed to much more dish washing liquid other cleaning agents etc so maybe it is just more sensitive. I say try it again with the applicator tip bottle you may be able to use it on the scalp after all.

harigeek

msportugal said:
Is the mtg bothering your scalp or the skin on your forehead/ears? If it isnt i say keep using it but get a color applicator bottle and continue to wear the gloves. It sounds crazy but the skin on your hands is exposed to much more dish washing liquid other cleaning agents etc so maybe it is just more sensitive. I say try it again with the applicator tip bottle you may be able to use it on the scalp after all.

Hey MsPortugal - You're one of my inspirations!! :wave: I love your hair! It's funny you mentioned the diswashing liquid because I do quite a bit of dishwashing as well. Maybe it's something in that ? Also, it's not bothering my forehead or ears. With Surge, however, my skin broke out and I got scabs ala dontspeakdefeat did in her Surge folder. My skin was peeling and everything.
With MTG I haven't seen that yet, but I guess I need to be cautious, no ?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I wouldn't risk using it if u R allegic. A friend of mine dillutes hers w/ water to make it less potent. Dunno if u should try it tho.... :ohwell: Your health is worth more than long hair. :lol:

cocoberry10

What does MTG stand for? I think someone said it has to do with Neutrogena. Can someone clarify? Thanks ladies.

Cocoberry10

NewlyNature12

MTG means Mane and Tail Growth, made by Shapley's the horse people to grow their hair faster. It has a lot of sulpher in it (I think, I haven't used it). NTM is Neutrogena Triple Moisture, made by Neutrogena. It's a line of shampoos, conditoners, etc. Also not to be confused with MNT which is Mane 'N Tail (shampoo, conditoner, detangler, etc.) which some of us use as well. :)