mtg stank/pregnancy warning

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
so i'm reading on the internet about the mtg ingredients and i was wondering was causing the stank so i look up Cade oil and this website pops up
http://12121.hostinguk.com/Guide Oils.htm and i quote:

CADE JUNIPER. Juniperus oxycedrus. Very pungent smokey aroma. The essential oil is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY and it should always be diluted with a suitable carrier oil such as Sweet Almond Oil before applying to the skin. Keep it away from children and pets. It is non-toxic and non-irritant but with possible sensitization in some individuals. ABORTIFACIENT. Do not use if pregnant. Very effective with skin complaints, dermatitis, eczema, hemorrhoids, detoxifying, but smells a bit like smoked kippers. (Also known as Cade Oil, Juniper Tar, Medlar Tree, Prickly Cedar, Prickly Juniper.)

as a matter of fact this site lists many possible abortifacients you might want to skim over it

those who are pregnant may want to consult their doctor or avoid all together not sure if it could cause an abortion just from skin contact but this scared me a bit. I'm not pregnant but many on the board are/will be. I will still continue my mtg use

awww man:confused: That is so important that you posted this Msportugal. I know you are going to help somebody and possibly save a little one:yep: Be careful guys carrying those little ones.:kiss:

Thanks so much for the info. So now, as long as it's non-toxic and I'm not pregnant or trying to get pregnant, I will also continue MTG. I guess it's just like aspirin, NEVER use while pregnant.

msportugal said:
so i'm reading on the internet about the mtg ingredients and i was wondering was causing the stank so i look up Cade oil and this website pops up
http://12121.hostinguk.com/Guide Oils.htm and i quote:

CADE JUNIPER. Juniperus oxycedrus. Very pungent smokey aroma. The essential oil is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY and it should always be diluted with a suitable carrier oil such as Sweet Almond Oil before applying to the skin. Keep it away from children and pets. It is non-toxic and non-irritant but with possible sensitization in some individuals. ABORTIFACIENT. Do not use if pregnant. Very effective with skin complaints, dermatitis, eczema, hemorrhoids, detoxifying, but smells a bit like smoked kippers. (Also known as Cade Oil, Juniper Tar, Medlar Tree, Prickly Cedar, Prickly Juniper.)

as a matter of fact this site lists many possible abortifacients you might want to skim over it

those who are pregnant may want to consult their doctor or avoid all together not sure if it could cause an abortion just from skin contact but this scared me a bit. I'm not pregnant but many on the board are/will be. I will still continue my mtg use

Thanks for posting this.....I was so tempted to buy this back in December but couldn't find anything regarding pregnant use. So, I decided not to (better safe than sorry) I'm so glad I decided not to use this stuff until after I deliver.

Thanks again for posting!

Good post. There are some herbs that can be held (just by skin contact they will bring on the menstrual cycle). Not sure if that (Cade Juniper) is one of them though.

Wow, good info. I always did wonder what oil caused that horrible odor. I'm also not pregnant, nor am I trying to be. Do you think women who are breastfeeding should also keep away from MTG? I'm not sure! Just a thought.

Thanks for posting. I heard that pregnant woman should not use anything with rosemary, sage, eucalyptus basically aromotherapy oils. All my hair products have this stuff in it. Is this true?

That is great info and that site is very informative. Thanks!

"pungent smokey aroma"? That is a great description of the MTG smell.

angelk316 said:
Thanks for posting. I heard that pregnant woman should not use anything with rosemary, sage, eucalyptus basically aromotherapy oils. All my hair products have this stuff in it. Is this true?

Yes, from the diff. items I have read--this is true. I had to stop using my Rosemary Spritz while pregnant---better safe than sorry! :)

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
Good post. There are some herbs that can be held (just by skin contact they will bring on the menstrual cycle). Not sure if that (Cade Juniper) is one of them though.

I wish I knew what those were. I don't like to be on my cycle while on vacation and if I could just touch those herbs about a week or two before I go, I won't have to worry about that while I'm trying to have fun.:grin:

Salaam,

Thanks for the info, I just bought some MNT poo/cd, detangler and leave in treatment for my daughter. But I guess I wont be using until after I stop breastfeeding. What a shame:( I was so excited when I finally got around to getting this.

Thank a Bunch

Thanks for posting. I'm planning on being pregnant by this time next year, so I'll cut out the MTG in a few months. I've been wanting to make my own sulfur mixture and this gives me the perfect reason.

Wow! Thanks for the info. Dont plan on being pregnant soon but I will surely pass this on to anyone.
Somone else suggested removing the top layer of oils from the MTG, wont that reduce it's effectiveness.

i would suggest anyone mixing their own oils/herbs visit this site and look them up before using them i was a lil shocked

msportugal said:
http://12121.hostinguk.com/Guide%20Oils.htm and i quote:

as a matter of fact this site lists many possible abortifacients you might want to skim over it those who are pregnant may want to consult their doctor or avoid all together not sure if it could cause an abortion just from skin contact but this scared me a bit. I'm not pregnant but many on the board are/will be. I will still continue my mtg use

This might explain why in another post how Den1 was able to make her own sulfur oil using other essential oils and not getting the "MTG bacon grease smell". She says she gets great results without the smell. So it sounds very well like the culprit could be the cade oil when it comes to the distinctive smell of MTG.

BaBy_PhAt said:
Salaam,

Thanks for the info, I just bought some MNT poo/cd, detangler and leave in treatment for my daughter. But I guess I wont be using until after I stop breastfeeding. What a shame:( I was so excited when I finally got around to getting this.

Thank a Bunch

Mane N' Tail (MNT) and MTG are not the same products so you should not have any problems.

OK, So what are the pregnant ladies using?:confused: What is safe to use during pregnancy?
I doubt i would trust MTG throughout pregnancy would a sulfer oil mix be a safer option?

I went cold turkey on everything but a prenatal during my pregnancy. Even now, I'm still on prenatals due to bf'ing but I've added msm, flaxseed & a tiny bit extra biotin because I'm doing some major post partum shedding. I bought mtg while I was pregnant but since I could'nt find any info on it I shelved it. It's still sitting and gathering dust. I also stopped using my rosemary shampoo but then noticed that little by little, it was disapearing...Hubby turned out to be the culprit, lol!

Thank you Thank you Thank you
I knew I was smart to stay away until the baby came . But was unsure about MTG while breast feeeding

Thank you again
I guess I will just keep taking my vits..... I stayed away from Surge too while pregnant but I will look into for BREAST feeding

Uh, castor and flax seed oil are not supposed to be used while preggo either. :eek:

Last edited:
This is why i haven't even tried this yet since i am BFing. I dont need anything harmful getting into my child through my milk.

Back