Mustard Oil

NowIAmNappy

I just started using Mustard Oil about a month ago and I've researched it and it appears to be a great growth aid (contains sulfur), contains fatty acids and strengthens the hair. Now I've been using it as a pre poo because I'm not too fond of the smell, (its smells like very tart mustard) but is anyone else using it and what benefits have you seen in your hair?

MsDee14

I use it in my sulfur oil mix(I only add a little bit of sulfur powder).
It smells so nasty, but I am able to slightly mask the smell with essential oils.
I only started using it about 2 months ago and haven't noticed a huge change.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I had a bottle and really, really loved it. But once I ran out, I didn't replace it. *chronic pj-ism*:spinning:

It smelled a little 'skrong' but overall, it's a very nice oil. May re-up in 2013

leiah

I used it as an oil rinse and I was very happy with it it detangled my hair so well

But there is a huge difference between the quality stuff and the not so good stuff. I bought 3 kinds and 2 of them were worthless. If the smell is so strong its unbearable, that's a good sign

GreenEyedJen

Interesting! Does anyone know if it can be used by people with sulfur allergies? I have a sulfur allergy but I eat mustard all the time.

NowIAmNappy

leiah said:
I used it as an oil rinse and I was very happy with it it detangled my hair so well

But there is a huge difference between the quality stuff and the not so good stuff. I bought 3 kinds and 2 of them were worthless. If the smell is so strong its unbearable, that's a good sign

I used mine last night as and oil rinse and then used it to detangle my hair and was very pleased with the results

OhmyKimB

Bump bump! Where are you ladies purchasing your mustard oil from? Are there any specific brands?

Sent from my Mom's iPad using LHCF

nubiennze

If the smell is so strong its unbearable, that's a good sign

:lol:

SMH at y'all giving me a reason to go back to the Indian store. :nono: I've been eyeing this but was never particularly compelled to give it a try. I may incorporate it into my DCs.

lovelycurls

I got mine from an Indian store, got the dabur brand. ...haven't had any issue with the brand. I use it on my skin and add some to most of my dc treatments.