My 1st Tree Braids - take a look...

TemiLnd

Hello ladyz,
I just wanted to share. I got my first tree braids yday. They turned out great!! :D

My stylist didn’t know how to do them so 6 months ago I gave her the how to and we finally decided to try it. [It’s not so well known in London]. I hope to keep them for 3 weeks b4 I relax my hair. 5 month stretch is no joke!!

Thanks for looking.:)
http://public.fotki.com/TemiLnd/2007/april---june-2007/

TemiLnd

guesswho said:
your hair looks great I just don't no what tea tree braids is:confused:

Tree braids - cornrows hair with hair pieces but you leave some hair out as you plait. all your own hair is plaited and protected but you have 'fake' hair to foul with.
does that explain it? :confused: do a search if you are interested in tree braiding. LHCF has a bit of info on it.

guesswho

TemiLnd said:
Tree braids - cornrows hair with hair pieces but you leave some hair out as you plait. all your own hair is plaited and protected but you have 'fake' hair to foul with.
does that explain it? :confused: do a search if you are interested in tree braiding. LHCF has a bit of info on it.

Thankyou I see it all the time I just didn't no that was the name for it, your hair really looks pretty though..

sweetwhispers

They look really nice.
I'm suprised she didn't know what they were though- i know they call them pick n' drop in my area.
Is your whole head braided or is the back in weave?

TemiLnd

baby42 said:
they look good and the right size for me not to small:) :)

I feel you on the not to small. I hate having braids too small. I’ve worked hard to grow back my temple area and she knows like my braids slightly larger.

TemiLnd

sweetwhispers said:
They look really nice.
I'm suprised she didn't know what they were though- i know they call them pick n' drop in my area.
Is your whole head braided or is the back in weave?

I didn’t know what they were called. I saw a pic ages ago and showed hair and she didn’t know what it was so I had to go dig up some info for her. Pick n drop to her are single braids but only the first inch or so is braided and the rest left out. She had never seen the cornrow type b4.
My whole head is braids. No weave. Its all been parted and cornrow’d.

TemiLnd

sweetwhispers said:
so its cornrows? I did not not knowthat. It looks nice and neat. How long are you planning on keeping them in?

Yeah it's cornrows.
I’m only planning on 3 weeks. I usually like to wash my hair when its n cornrows weekly but seeing as its tree braids I wont be able to wash for the 3 weeks.

TemiLnd

For the tree braiders out there or those that have had tree braiders. Can you guys tell me if the hair that’s left is meant to be from the top or the side?:)

Ms_Delikate

TemiLnd said:
For the tree braiders out there or those that have had tree braiders. Can you guys tell me if the hair that’s left is meant to be from the top or the side?:)

I have tree braids...got them for the first time three weeks ago and I am in LOVE.. I would like to try to answer your question but I dont understand what you are asking.