My 3 month progress pics and some random hair thoughts :-)

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Hello ladies!

I'm in a really good mood today because although it's a no-no during the week I'm wearing my hair out instead of my bun :grin:. I can't keep my hands out of it and I keep sneaking taking pics of it at my desk, hoping I don't get caught looking vain. :blush: Although it doesn't have much swang I still feel good feeling my hair brushing against my back for a change.

It's been a little over 3 months in this hair journey and I'm so impressed with my progress so far and I wanted to thank you all for your help. If it weren't for this website I don't know who I could talk to and keep their interest when talking about hair and not feel conceited or stuck-up just because I love concentrating on my hair.

The pic on the left is from April 1, 2009 and the one on the right I just took while sitting at my desk (July 20th). Although it's a little uneven I'm still impressed with my progress so far. Because I wanted to wear it out I didn't want to weigh it down with products but I can't wait to go home and slap all my moisturizers in it and put it back in the bun again.

Thanks for letting me share my hair thoughts today. :grin:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/H:\user\USERS\TSD\BROWN\LHCF\lhcfjuly update.jpg

Attachments

• LHCFJuly Update.jpg
    LHCFJuly Update.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,148

wannabelong

:blush::blush::blush: Your hair looks nice. I remember how good I felt when I could feel my hair on my shoulders for the first time. :yay::yay::yay: Congratulations on your progress.

Stella B.

You're doing great! Congrats on your progress so far! It's nice to see you're making progress so quickly!:grin: Can't wait to see your 1 year progress pics!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Thanks all for the compliments and encouragement!! I was getting a little depressed comparing my month to month pics until I compared my last to my beginning and I felt much better. :yep:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
your hair looks great!:yep: congrats on your progress sweetie! do you mind me asking what relaxer you use?

Thank you! I use Precise regular (no-lye). They do say no-lye relaxers can be drying and it's probably true because my ends are always kinda dry but I hope to over come that with my new moisturizing regimen.

Esq.2B

Excellent progress! What's your regimen? And do you take any supplements or use any growth aids?

Last edited:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Excellent progress? What's your regimen? And do you take any supplements or use any growth aids?

okay so after 3 months thats excelllent progress! whats your regi??

Thanks! I don't take any supplements but I've been doing Atkins off and on for the last couple of months. So the extra protein might help???

I feel strange listing my regimen because as a newby I'm still tweaking it but I'm pretty much happy with it.

But here it is:

Wash weekly, alternating shampoo/conditioners every other wash.

Wash week #1
Shampoo with Tresemme Moisturing shampoo
DC with Silk Elements Cholesterol conditioner
Air dry
CHI Keratin Mist leave-in spray
CHI Silk Infusion
IC Heat Protector Spray (I flat-iron on medium heat only on wash day)

Daily:
Moisturize twice daily with Wave Nouvau Finishing Lotion
CHI Keratin Mist

Wash week #2
Clarify with Nexxus Aloe Rid
DC with ORS Replenishing Pack
Air dry
CHI Keratin Mist leave-in spray
CHI Silk Infusion
IC Heat Protector Spray (I flat-iron on medium heat only on wash day)

And continue with daily moisturizing until next wash.

I forgot to mention that I keep it in a bun every day of the week except the one day that I flat-iron after washing.

Last edited:

ellehair

Thanks so much for sharing.. your regi seems so simple as well. Maybe i need to simpllify, lol.. I started around the same time as you and I have no where near that amount of growth, and im on every growth aid being the pj that i am..
oh how often are you relaxing?

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Thanks so much for sharing.. your regi seems so simple as well. Maybe i need to simpllify, lol.. I started around the same time as you and I have no where near that amount of growth, and im on every growth aid being the pj that i am..
oh how often are you relaxing?

Believe me, I'm so happy I finally learned to stick with something. I learned the hard way after experimenting with that Aphogee 2-min and it dried my hair out horribly and I decided to leave well enough alone and stick with my regimen. But I relax every 4-5 weeks. I know, tha'ts a no-no but I also use coconut oil after moisturizing sometimes, which I forgot to mention on the regi, so I think that weakens the relaxer process and I believe my last few perms are texlaxed instead from that.

HTH

ellehair

you must be getting hella new growth to relax that fast, lol.

only the back of my hair has a great deal of new growth after 6 weeks.. i have to wait the next 6 for the front and sides to attempt to catch up!

cicilypayne

Well alright...growing hair is a process and it takes awhile for some of us..so be happy and tell us all about it..because we all know how much work and dedication it took. Big Ups sister!

angenoir

Wow. Thanks for sharing. I am so impressed. You're an inspiration. I have been stuck at NL forever :-(