My Brazilian Keratin Treatment (BKT) Review -- PIC HEAVY!!!

UGQueen

i love your hair regardless ,
im thinking of getting BKT at the end of summer to help with my transition,
so thanks for all the info and pics! :)

Dove56

WoW, your hair is so beautiful! (and so are you) Before and after. :) I can't believe how much it has grown; you have so much length and thickness! I'm glad the Kenra worked for you, that is my miracle product. :)

LiberianGirl

Did your hair revert the same day of the treatment? I thought one of the main benefits of BKT was that it prevented or at least drastically slowed down reversion. Your hair has grown so much. Congrats on your length progress.

Bella02

Thanks so much for posting. Your hair looks great I like your hair both pre and post BKT. I think I may give this a try once I reach MBL.

yardyspice

Ediese, do you think the straighter parts got heat damaged or does that part of your hair not have much curl? I've been wanting to try BKT and your post is nudging me to yes. I am concerned about ssks and I feel like the BKT would reduce the them.

BostonMaria

Ediese, he did a great job. I didn't know hair could revert even with a BKT! Were you upset over this?

I can definitely see a difference in the wet hair after shot. Much of the dryness you had before seems to be gone. Thank you for sharing! Your hair looks lovely and congrats on reaching MBL! You are very close to WSL.

MA2010

My mouth was open the entire time reading...... :drool:

Ediese you hair is just gorgeous. Thanks for always taking time to share and explain your journey. I love your hair girl!!!

Ijanei

I loooove it when you put pics of your hair up....you always post a loooooootttt of them, you have beautiful texture and everything.....very nice

MRJ1972

Hey Ediese!:hiya:

I also love your hair pre-BKT and now. I understand your struggle with tangling and knots. I dont have 1/2 of the hair that you have, but I struggle with the same problem.

Cant wait to see more pics of your BKT journey!:yep:

LadyAmani

Beautiful hair Ediese i just love how you always post a ton of pics and explain everything. I know what your saying about the tangles and sskx sometimes i feel like i lose progress bc of them :wallbash:.

cutenss

I think we are hair twins. Looking at your pics pre and post BKT was like looking at my own hair. Simply gorgeous :yep:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I really like your pre-BKT hair because as someone with looser curls, I admired your perfectly tight spirals.

But hey, I don't have to deal with the detangling and ssk's. I will be watching for your progress. I want to see if your spirals come back!

Congrats on your growth!

Ediese

Thanks again everyone for viewing and commenting. For the first time, I struggled a bit with posting my pics because I knew there would be some people that wasn't okay with this treatment, simply because 1) the chemical that was used, and 2) the looser texture of my hair. We all know how quickly some of these threads turn into a self hate discussion.

This is really the only time that I'm going to address this. I don't feel like I need to explain or apologize for the decision I made for my hair, and please don't take this the wrong way. I respect all of you. I especially respect your honesty. I appreciate that you all found beauty in my natural hair. After years of being relaxed, it took a long time for me to get to that point, but believe it or not, I'm there. There were some things that I loved about my natural hair, and some things that I didn't (explained in a post above). At the end of the day, if this makes my hair stronger, healthier, softer, longer, etc, I'm all over it. lol

Ediese, do you think the straighter parts got heat damaged or does that part of your hair not have much curl? I've been wanting to try BKT and your post is nudging me to yes. I am concerned about ssks and I feel like the BKT would reduce the them.

I only have heat damage in my left nape area. The straighter parts resulted because the front of my hair has a looser texture. It doesn't curl.

Ediese, he did a great job. I didn't know hair could revert even with a BKT! Were you upset over this?

I can definitely see a difference in the wet hair after shot. Much of the dryness you had before seems to be gone. Thank you for sharing! Your hair looks lovely and congrats on reaching MBL! You are very close to WSL.

Yea. I was a little peeved. I was expecting it to be swanging until I washed it. It's not suppose to revert the way it did. It's okay though because I was already planning to not use direct heat until the end of the year, so I won't be straightening again.

My mouth was open the entire time reading...... :drool:

Ediese you hair is just gorgeous. Thanks for always taking time to share and explain your journey. I love your hair girl!!!

Thank you! :) Thanks for commenting.

I really like your pre-BKT hair because as someone with looser curls, I admired your perfectly tight spirals.

But hey, I don't have to deal with the detangling and ssk's. I will be watching for your progress. I want to see if your spirals come back!

Congrats on your growth!

It's so funny that you posted this. On my drive home yesterday, I was thinking about an old thread where some members felt that one texture/type was easier to maintain/grow versus the other texture/type. I'm in a position now where I can experience both. I know it's a bit premature, but I'm already finding that there are definitely pros and cons to each type. Having a certain type doesn't make it easier, and every style/technique can't be achieved with every type. I think that this will be a great experiment.

Did your hair revert the same day of the treatment? I thought one of the main benefits of BKT was that it prevented or at least drastically slowed down reversion. Your hair has grown so much. Congrats on your length progress.

Thank you! I noticed it started to revert when I got up the next morning. That's not suppose to happen. I don't think any of the other ladies had an issue with this.

Thanks so much for posting. Your hair looks great I like your hair both pre and post BKT. I think I may give this a try once I reach MBL.

Thank you! :)

Last edited:

NEWYORK20004

ediese, are you going to do it again. Do you think the guy who did your hair was being stingy with the treatment or is it just that your hair is natural, and youll need a few treatments before you can really see the difference when you straighter your hair. Thanks

Dove56

Ediese, I agree I am about what works. I have come full circle. I have had WL hair and short pixie I was natural for 9 years then relaxed, then texlaxed, then BKT'd. I personally was over my natural hair and all that work. I love my natural texture hair BKTd and I don't care if I see another curl or wave ever! I love having bone straight hair out the shower with no relaxer. If I decide to go back curly/natural it's encoded in my dna so I can always go back home...lol. :)

Ediese

ediese, are you going to do it again. Do you think the guy who did your hair was being stingy with the treatment or is it just that your hair is natural, and youll need a few treatments before you can really see the difference when you straighter your hair. Thanks

Honestly,iIt's a little too early to answer that. I'll have to see how my hair holds up before deciding to get it again.

I'm not sure why it reverted. It didn't feel like he was stingy, but my hair is kinda dense, so idk. I think if I got another treatment it probably would revert when I wear it straight.

Foufie

Yo that was dumb thorough!!! Thanks alot for allt he time you put into that. You have beautiful hair and congrats on MBL Girlie

Nubenap22

As always Edise we love your hair!!! Im glad you found out your problem with the dryness then fixed it!!! I can wait till I'm at least apl fully natural to try more things!!! And you know we will want to see that install whenever you do it

Eisani

Would you ever consider doing it yourself? I'm glad I learned how to do it, it really isn't hard.