My Cousin Has A Hair Growth Secret

Kiadodie

Can y'all see it now?

@SmilingElephant @divachyk

Last edited:

junipertree

@Italiano or someone please PM me the pic.

I use to be an open book about my hair care BUT everyone wants to be (hair) famous yet no one wants to put in the work so I stopped sharing as much. I give you enough for it to be believable and the rest, well....Google it.

Prayers out to you @HappilyLiberal

My daily vitamin has folic acid. I can't remember how much it contains but I haven't had any magical growth. Maybe it's the amount you take that makes the difference.

I know someone up thread said folic acid but I read up a bit on it and there is folic acid and folate. There is a difference it seems - folate being derived from natural sources. Maybe that's it? Idk. The RDA is 400 mcg but I've read people taking 800.

fasika

It has to be the upgrade cause i can STILL see it at post #281 yet others can't? ugh
Hmm, I can't see it now. The difference is I'm on my phone now but on my laptop earlier. I think that's the problem. The bug seems to be on the mobile site.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I'm on my iPad and can't see it in the thread but I saw it in the pm. Still pretty. Thinking about folic acid...

ETA: Now I can't see it in the pm either. Dang update! :fistshake:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
When I was pregnant, I HAD to take 1000mg of folic acid, iron (food grade) and prenatals. My hair grew like weeds. Even after, I still took the prenatals and iron and it grew fast. When I was on biotin, I just grew imaginary ulcers.

Iron makes a big difference in hair growth.

Kiadodie

So I spoke with my mom tonight we rarely talk about my cousin but I asked her tonight, give me all the details and all you know about her and what you know concerning her hair. :look:

So she said she is REALLY about healthy cooking now and taking care of her self period. She definetly takes biotin and uses coconut oil. She cooks fish, greens etc. So I think after her cancer scare she just takes better care of herself overall nutrition wise. She always loved to cook but now she is really into healthy cooking and she said she watches all those cooking shows and gets ideas.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I can't see it on the phone nor desktop @Italiano.

@Saludable84 I took and still take prenatals. Have taken them for many years. I never noticed magical growth on my head but lip/chin, arms and legs...well, that's another story. :drunk:

I started taking prenatal because HSN vitamins were too hard on my stomach. I also take food grade vitamins because they are supposedly processed better by the body. But I was taking extra iron and folic when I noticed a difference. I wouldn't recommend if you don't need it, but 1800mcg of folic acid is a big dose daily. I've read on here, actually, that iron helps with growth, but once again, I wouldn't recommend because iron overdose is dangerous. I'm anemic so I know I need it.

Get your vitamin C up too because that helps with protein synthesis.

Gr8ness83

I don't see any pics.

and she ain't trying to tell the family. :look: When we were little her hair never grew. Dont get me wrong, it came to about bra or so but it was very regular degular (I always wanted to use that term lol) but mine always grew to my waist and she was always so jealous. Sometimes, I thought she would cut my hair off in my sleep..yea it was that bad. :look:

Anyway, years later and now she's using something to make her hair GROW and when one of my other cousins asked her what it was she wouldnt' tell her, her petty a** self. :look:

This her hair now PLease dont quote..incase she is on here :spinning::cool:.lol THis is a vent thread but also, what do ya'll think she uses??? My aunt (her mom) told use she puts something at night (oils) and takes some vitamins. Im telling y'all this is a miracle, her hair was NEVER like this.