My decision to practice abstinence

Innocent_Kiss

I recently found out that I was pregnant. After fighting between the decisions to either continue or terminate my pregnancy, I decided to abort my baby. Before I made my decision, I knew something in my life was going to have to change. I didn't terminate my own pregnancy to go back to my old ways. That was the very least I could do. So, I decided to practice abstinence. This is so much easier said than done, most of you would probably agree. I'm in a relationship with someone I love, someone if God only has us in eachothers' lives for a season, I do believe that we will, at the end, be more seasoned individuals. Sex is as natural as anything else in our relationship - dating, sharing our feelings with each other, laughing, crying, anything. I'm not sure how my boyfriend will react, but if we could actually make it through this, I know our relationship will be that much more beautiful. I am prepared, however, to accept the idea that this is too much of a challenge for him, and as a result, we'll go our seperate ways. That'll only mean that his season is up, and God is entering me into a new place in my life. Of course, this sounds so much easier than it really is. Please keep me in your prayers that God gives me strength and wisdom.

Precious_1

Innocent, i will be praying for you, anytime you chose god over the world you will be blessed. I think you have made a beautiful decision.

Mocha5

Praying that God gives you strength. Just decide that you love God more than you do your boyfriend and God will honor that.

Jenaee

I've been where you are. I know personally what you are going through. You're in my prayers. PM if you need to talk.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
You are blessed dearest one. Truly blessed. And don't you ever forget it.

(((( hugs )))) ;)

crlsweetie912

oh, sweetie, I KNOW exactly where you are. God always honors us when we honor Him. Right now you are honoring Him by PUBLICLY showing that you love Him more than ANYTHING, and that you are willing to sacrifice for it. You will be blessed.
I will keep you in my prayers.

sexy c

Innocent_Kiss said:
I recently found out that I was pregnant. After fighting between the decisions to either continue or terminate my pregnancy, I decided to abort my baby. Before I made my decision, I knew something in my life was going to have to change. I didn't terminate my own pregnancy to go back to my old ways. That was the very least I could do. So, I decided to practice abstinence. This is so much easier said than done, most of you would probably agree. I'm in a relationship with someone I love, someone if God only has us in eachothers' lives for a season, I do believe that we will, at the end, be more seasoned individuals. Sex is as natural as anything else in our relationship - dating, sharing our feelings with each other, laughing, crying, anything. I'm not sure how my boyfriend will react, but if we could actually make it through this, I know our relationship will be that much more beautiful. I am prepared, however, to accept the idea that this is too much of a challenge for him, and as a result, we'll go our seperate ways. That'll only mean that his season is up, and God is entering me into a new place in my life. Of course, this sounds so much easier than it really is. Please keep me in your prayers that God gives me strength and wisdom.

I'll keep u n my prayers

Xavier

Passage Romans 8:5:
5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

I know exactly what you are going through. Saying it is going to be easy would be a lie and a disservice to you, therefore I will say that it is going to be difficult. That is why you have to relay not on your strength, but HIS strength.

Living a life of celibecy can be a little less difficult when you are single. If you do have someone in your life it helps if they have the same mind set on how important maintain purity while being single. I am happy to see that you recognize that.

God Bless you my sistah:kiss:

C

chica_canella

Sweety, I will be praying for you. But I will suggest that you pray to God to know if this is the man he wants from you. And I am glad that you know it was a mistake to have an abortion because so many women don't and continue to make the same mistake over and over, feeling no remorse.