My Dominican Experience!!!

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
azul11 said:
Omg where do you guys go? I am thinking about going to La Var salon but its a lot of money but I am thinking she must be worth it. God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF u are in Brooklyn there is a MYRIAD of salons that u can go to to get a cheap wash and set !!!!

Allandra

There are very few Dominican salons here (which is probably why we pay the price we pay). If there were one on every corner, the prices just may be like the prices in New York. I love the work they do at Luisa's Dominican Salon, so I don't mind paying the price. I only go every now and then. I go to my regular stylist for relaxer touch ups.

ms_kenesha

I don't mind paying $35 for a good hair experience in this area, because they're so few and far between!
The place where I got my last touch-up (and where I'll be going to get all of mine) charge $45 & up (I guess depending on hair length
) for a roller set. So Luisa's will be my doobie place and Avatar will be my touch-up place

beana3

i completely understand the demand for their services are high with very little competition: hence the high prices. I was just

daviine

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
waaaiiit a minute, so you got ON the metro AND went shopping when your hair wrapped around your head and the pins all in it??? *giggles* I'd be darned if I would have saved the glamour while in public, only to unveil the magic for just my husband. *smirking*

[/ QUOTE ]

I know people were like what is up with this girl!

[/ QUOTE ]

In NY, its not unusual to see women walking around with pins in their hair and still wrapped!!!

daviine

moneychaser

Is it true that they call them beenie wraps in NYC?? That's funny!
I recently visited luisa's, and I must say my hair has never had that much body. They can aide me in my touch-up challenge (going for 4 months)!

jemini

I've never been to a dominican salon before, but I'd like to since a lot of people have good experiences with them.

AJamericanDiva

Guys, my sister went there for a relaxer today... she called me from the salon as she was leaving... quite UPSET!!! I don't have the lowdown yet as I told her to call me when she gets home. Her last relaxer was done here by my Dominican hairdresser ($45). She spent $65 at Luisa's, which I know wasn't a problem, but from the sound of her voice on the phone, something went down. I'll be sure to share the info with you. Ms. Kenesha, you and my sister were probably there at the same time. Hmmm.... check out my album under "family" and see if you recognize her....

OK, my bad! This post started on 11/12. My sister went to get her holiday hairdo today as she's headed this way to join us in Dallas for the family holiday get together. Let's just say she lives in Maryland and said she'll be coming all the way back to New York to get relaxed by my hairdresser!!!

moneychaser

See, I don't know them like that to let them relax my hair....
I already planned to stick with my hair dresser when it comes to that...
AJamericanDiva, I hope all is well with your sister.

EbonyF

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:

In NY, its not unusual to see women walking around with pins in their hair and still wrapped!!!

daviine

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah most definitely. I remember at one point a doobie was considered a "style" with pins. You actually had to ask for NO pins or say you wanted a wrap. But a doobie was definitely a style to rock

moneychaser

I posted pics of the blowout I had done yesterday Dec. 24th....
Keep in mind that I am 7 wks. post relaxer, with alot of new growth( thanks to Surge).
I wasn't able to capture the body I have.
But look at my roots!!

Allandra

Your hair looks great.

When I get my roots blown out at Luisa's Salon, it always looks like I have just received a relaxer touch-up. I love it!

moneychaser

Thanks, ms_kenesha and allandra...
I am addicted. I am going again on christmas eve for my b-day, Jan.2.

I have to cut down on my visits, because of the heat.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Thanks, ms_kenesha and allandra...
I am addicted. I am going again on christmas eve for my b-day, Jan.2.

I have to cut down on my visits, because of the heat.

[/ QUOTE ]
I take it you mean New Year's Eve.