My Experience with CURLFORMERS

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
My opinion is, I like them! I didn't do them on my wet hair though because I didn't want to be pulling my wet hair through the tube so here's what I did:
Washed and DC'ed, then I GENTLY blowdried until my hair was about 90% dry (only the roots were a little moist, but the rest of the strands were dry), I moisturized, then I parted my hair into 4 sections and did each section with about 7 or 8 curlformers in each section (I used both long and narrow (around bottom) and long and wide ones (on top)- so you actually don't need a million packs because when you take them out, you seperate the spirals anyway. Then after I got them all in, I got into the bed and went to sleep LOL They came out shiny, bouncy and beautiful!! I will bump this thread later today and post pics.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Yall know Imma show yall... especially now that I know how to post pics within the thread:grin:

Anyway, I also wanted to let yall know that it is not hard sleeping on the rollers either. They are extremely bendable. :yep: Also, if you lay on the rollers, they do not hurt either.

SparklingFlame

Yall know Imma show yall... especially now that I know how to post pics within the thread:grin:

Anyway, I also wanted to let yall know that it is not hard sleeping on the rollers either. They are extremely bendable. :yep: Also, if you lay on the rollers, they do not hurt either.
Well watcha waiting on?

:orders: :needpics:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I
hope these pics show up... *fingers crossed*
Awww man! They didn't show up!:ohwell:

Last edited:

Extremus

They didn't come up, but I just went ahead and looked in your fotki. They are too cute, HAIRapy! :cloud9: ...Beautiful!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Thanks you guys!! They are so easy too!! I messed up the curls cuz my scalp was sore- not because of the curlers though. I will be washing and doing them again tonight:yep:

LaShanne

your curls look so soft and bouncy! How long did they last? I would think that since you did it on dry hair, the curls wouldnt last very long. I hope I'm wrong, because I want to try it this way!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
your curls look so soft and bouncy! How long did they last? I would think that since you did it on dry hair, the curls wouldnt last very long. I hope I'm wrong, because I want to try it this way!
You're right, they didn't last- I messed up my curls because I was rubbing my sore scalp though (not due to the curlformers). By the end of the day, I still had waves though. I'm going to do it again tonight the same way to see if they last longer with me not messing in my hair. I agree though that when you go under the dryer, the curls last a lot longer. I'm just afraid of pulling my wet hair through that tube. I wonder if that would be bad in the long run. If I were to try that, I would get lots of curlformers so that I can do small pieces at a time.:yep:

luvmesumhair

You're right, they didn't last- I messed up my curls because I was rubbing my sore scalp though (not due to the curlformers). By the end of the day, I still had waves though. I'm going to do it again tonight the same way to see if they last longer with me not messing in my hair. I agree though that when you go under the dryer, the curls last a lot longer. I'm just afraid of pulling my wet hair through that tube. I wonder if that would be bad in the long run. If I were to try that, I would get lots of curlformers so that I can do small pieces at a time.:yep:
Girl your hair came out soooo pretty! I love it!!! I do not think you would have a problem with doing it with wet hair. I myself founr it even easier when my hair was soaking wet. Try it and see!:yep:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Girl your hair came out soooo pretty! I love it!!! I do not think you would have a problem with doing it with wet hair. I myself founr it even easier when my hair was soaking wet. Try it and see!:yep:
OKay... I'll try it on my wet hair tonight since I have some extra time to play with my hair. Atleast I know the curls will last longer.

Thanks ladies for all your compliments, yall are so sweet!!:blush:

It~Can~Grow

Yup they came out so pretty. I almost like the way they look on dry set hair before you even seperate.

Kinka looks like flexirod sets...cept you wont get curls as nice if done on dry hair.

For sure let us know how it went - wet.