My favorite hair guru is BACK….warning language.

*Frisky*

I kind of think she was expecting her hair to look like a 3C wash and go. I think that is why she is so frustrated. She needs to find a reggie that works for her hair then she will start retaining length I think she will be happier then. This comment under the vid was a HAM
"LOL "5Z hair". I love ur page I cant stop laughing OMG!!!! Real talk: Imma keep it real. Disclaimer: My name is Alysia and this is my opinion. Okay, half these chicks on youtube claiming to be "natural" aint natural. Thats right I said "aint". Those chicks got texturizers to turn there 5Z hair into 4A or 3B, what ever that means. Please dont be fooled. Again this is my opinion. But when you look at videos starting the the BC and 10 videos down the line u see "baby doll" hair it makes me go HMM?"

Links to these people's channel please:yawn::lachen:

Beautytalk69

Why are people making it seem so far fetched that she was expecting something different with this product? I have seen tutorials of women with 4a and 4b hair buy this product and expect to see curl definition. I believe she was using common sense when buying this product because if I'm not mistaken it does promise to soften curls. For the price it SHOULD work for pretty much every hair type. It took me three tries to make that garbage look half way decent. Was I living in a fairytale land for thinking is should help me define my 4a curls? No..it just took a lot of tweaking.

Boujoichic

Okay? Sounds like pure haterade to me. I know people are weird but that's super crazy to "fake" being natural on YT...

^^^Yes it is. I was like really everyone is faking it... But if it helps her feel better :ohwell:
Oh and I would like links to the channels in question as well I haven't stumbled upon these. What it could also be is when some BC they dont notice a curl pattern at first but after finding the right products and techniques that work for them their curl pattern shows. This could be why she says they have 5Z at BC then "babydoll hair" in later vids. Sorry if OT

Last edited:

Roux

Yeah she hates her texture a lot. I think she has been looking to those with thicker strands and better curl definition and she lacks that

Vashti

I kind of think she was expecting her hair to look like a 3C wash and go. I think that is why she is so frustrated. She needs to find a reggie that works for her hair then she will start retaining length I think she will be happier then. This comment under the vid was a HAM
"LOL "5Z hair". I love ur page I cant stop laughing OMG!!!! Real talk: Imma keep it real. Disclaimer: My name is Alysia and this is my opinion. Okay, half these chicks on youtube claiming to be "natural" aint natural. Thats right I said "aint". Those chicks got texturizers to turn there 5Z hair into 4A or 3B, what ever that means. Please dont be fooled. Again this is my opinion. But when you look at videos starting the the BC and 10 videos down the line u see "baby doll" hair it makes me go HMM?"

Ain't no such thing as 5Z hair. Her hair don't look like it's all that difficult to manage in that video. She needs to stop with all that and just take the time to learn her own hair texture. And Alysia and her opinion need to go somewhere and sit down.

jillian93

Ok I fell out at just the title lol!!!! It took me a while to learn how to make KCCC work for me (because I was close to making my own video lol) but I love it now!

Sesi

why should she just "get a perm?"
is she not allowed to struggle with her hair? People struggle for years and years before figuring it out, just as other figure it out quickly and others with help. so fine, she hasn't got the knowledge that most people on here have, but what is wrong with that?

I actually like her and that she is honest about her struggles. i get tired of all the kumbaya in the natural hair community. many people have struggles and they fight with their hair/texture for a long time before coming to accept it and love it and there is nothing wrong with that.

sometimes on this forum it sounds as if the only people who are allowed to complain about stuff is members. everyone one else is just trifling.

EllePixie

I'd throw shade at ANYONE who used a product expecting it to change their curl pattern drastically, LHCF member or not. I've used Kinky Curly since I had a relaxer, and never once thought it was anything more than a natural, moisturizing gel. Yea, I've seen the ads. But I also have common sense and am familiar with marketing strategies. Like I said, I like her, but I don't think she's keeping with one hunn-ed with herself, at least not in this instance.

Geminigirl

^^^Yes it is. I was like really everyone is faking it... But if it helps her feel better :ohwell:
Oh and I would like links to the channels in question as well I haven't stumbled upon these. What it could also be is when some BC they dont notice a curl pattern at first but after finding the right products and techniques that work for them their curl pattern shows. This could be why she says they have 5Z at BC then "babydoll hair" in later vids. Sorry if OT

Yup if you look at my bc pics I had no curl at all. After I got my moisture right I could tell my hair was 4a with very defined kinks.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Geminigirl

Ain't no such thing as 5Z hair. Her hair don't look like it's all that difficult to manage in that video. She needs to stop with all that and just take the time to learn her own hair texture. And Alysia and her opinion need to go somewhere and sit down.

right?!? Like you barely have hair, you don't need to worry bout your edges cause they are non existent so what is the problem?!? Keep it simple and start cheap, once you learn your hair then branch out.

Geminigirl

why should she just "get a perm?"
is she not allowed to struggle with her hair? People struggle for years and years before figuring it out, just as other figure it out quickly and others with help. so fine, she hasn't got the knowledge that most people on here have, but what is wrong with that?

I actually like her and that she is honest about her struggles. i get tired of all the kumbaya in the natural hair community. many people have struggles and they fight with their hair/texture for a long time before coming to accept it and love it and there is nothing wrong with that.

sometimes on this forum it sounds as if the only people who are allowed to complain about stuff is members. everyone one else is just trifling.

I struggled to. Thnk goodness I relaxed around the age of twelve so I knew I didn't have type three hair. Although my hair sucked until I fig her out I never stopped loving her or trying to fig out how to please her.

My thing with her is how she chooses to express herself and when she tries to down others cause we already have it figured out.