My Findings - Chicken Grease and More!

happylocks

I have never tried this but I have heard of ppl using beef fat and vaseline in thier hair, but never seen anyone do it

cubanit

:blush:Who let the cat out the BOX!!! Its true we use chicken grease and birth control pills. The hormones in the chicken are what we think makes the hair grow longer and faster. This has been around for a long time. I asked my mom how she first heard about it and she told me her great grandma used to use it as hair oil. After you cook your chicken take a suckee( turkey baster) and collect the fat off the top of the chicken. Of coarse im talking about stewed or baked chicken, put it in the fridge and let it gell up. Then part your hair and massage it into your scalp.
As far as the pills go. We crunch them in a pilon. Its like a wooden device that you grind garlic into a paste with. You can use a pill crusher to. You just have to make a powder out of the pills. Some people put it in conditioner most people mix it with a little olive oil enough to give it an applyable consistency then massege it in right after you wash it.Hope that helps. oh, and its the hormones in the pills also that make it work.

morehairplease

:blush:Who let the cat out the BOX!!! Its true we use chicken grease and birth control pills. The hormones in the chicken are what we think makes the hair grow longer and faster. This has been around for a long time. I asked my mom how she first heard about it and she told me her great grandma used to use it as hair oil. After you cook your chicken take a suckee( turkey baster) and collect the fat off the top of the chicken. Of coarse im talking about stewed or baked chicken, put it in the fridge and let it gell up. Then part your hair and massage it into your scalp.
As far as the pills go. We crunch them in a pilon. Its like a wooden device that you grind garlic into a paste with. You can use a pill crusher to. You just have to make a powder out of the pills. Some people put it in conditioner most people mix it with a little olive oil enough to give it an applyable consistency then massege it in right after you wash it.Hope that helps. oh, and its the hormones in the pills also that make it work.

thanks for sharing sweetie! I will give the bc pills a try first.

Eisani

I told Jenn a while back this posted got bumped up and we talked about it briefly. Interesting...The only thing I did do was crunch up the b-vitamins and I add them to all of my conditioners. I use so much stuff, it's really hard to tell what's doing what. I did experience a growth spurt but once again, I don't know if I can attribute the progress to any one thing...I joked about sacrificing the pills and going to that dr appointment like "What, I'm pregnant? So, how do you like my hair?"

vaqtea

About, how many pills would you need to use?

aja1121

My grandfather said that all the girls in his neighborhood with midback/waistlength hair used bacon grease. He said that MTG reminded him of that.

drasgrl

Weird. I don't think I will put chicken grease in my hair (just yet :spinning:) I take birth control pills but it doesn't make my hair grow actually I have heard that a side effect was thinning hair, thankfully that hasn't happened to me.

MuslimahTresses

My mom used chicken grease in my lilttle sisters head when she had a bad balding from that blue shampoo she use to love to play in lol. Her grew right back pretty fast too.

JustKiya

I wonder if it's really the chicken fat, or if it's the massaging/frequent washing that's' doing it. :lol:

Lioness

Muy interesante!

Adding vitamins to hair conditioner and oil makes a lot of sense considering some shampoos have Biotin

Anyone have any more stories/ related information to add?

tricie

Hey, ladies,

I posted about this a few days, but I guess I should have added it to this thread. :perplexed

I emptied a B50 vitamin into my DC; my hair is was smooth, shiny and bouncy the next day. I did a wrap (not a roller wrap); here is a pic. I have only done it once so I can't speak on if it is making my hair grow, but it sure felt good! :yep:

B50 in conditioner.jpg

Coffee

Wal-mart has a liquid B complex for about $5, I picked up a couple of bottles on Saturday!!

tricie

That is a great idea, Coffee; when I opened up the B50 capsule, it was a little grainy, but it was cool.

PJ flaring up to go to the grocery store for some liquid B!

infojunkie

Apply chicken grease to your scalp for growth,

This I can say worked really well for my sister, her hair never seemed to grow, she had maybe 1 inch of hair, 1 day she took the fat from whole chickens, prior to my mom cutting them up, and would boil them and let the water and fat seperate, then place in a jar, it would turn a pretty yellow color much like hair food you see in stores, she would cornrow her hair and apply it nightly, her hair grew within a couple of months so much so that we all jumped on the band wagon, looking back I believe the growth came more so from the hair being protected with the cornrows, however it was a god send for her, and she believes to this day it came from the chicken fat,

I was wondering how that chicken fat thing worked out. That was my primary reason for coming in here. :rolleyes:

Eisani

I was wondering how that chicken fat thing worked out. That was my primary reason for coming in here. :rolleyes:
:giggle: I love the crushed b vitamins in my conditioner and still do it. I learned that the b vitamins actually extend the growth phase so your resting period isn't as long. Me likey :yep: I always use avocados, and real mayo mixed w/avocado, honey, and evoo about once a month as a prepoo. Funky, but effective!

infojunkie

:giggle: I love the crushed b vitamins in my conditioner and still do it. I learned that the b vitamins actually extend the growth phase so your resting period isn't as long. Me likey :yep: I always use avocados, and real mayo mixed w/avocado, honey, and evoo about once a month as a prepoo. Funky, but effective!

I hear ya, but is anybody classic length from using the chicken grease? Come on now, I'm dying to know.

*Michelle*

If I have to use chicken grease to grow my hair, guess I won't be growing it. Something about that is just not right and it's hella funny just to think about it...roflol!

Wonder why some "old" ways just don't go away...just no need to "greeze yo scalp".

I'm still crackin' up...

OP thanks for all the, other, tips though!

I thought at some point someone was going to say chicken grease in your hair as an idea was silly or a joke?

I've really been shocked by some of the suggestions here...birth control conditioner, products made for horses, vaginal creams:drunk: and now chicken grease......

What will you guys think of next:ohwell:

Let me not lie, I am the bandwagon jumping queen:sekret:..

I would be on the chicken grease thing if it wasn't for the smell YUCK

BostonMaria

Oh man I forgot about the chicken grease!
When I lived in DR we used to take the chicken fat and use it for our hair. I can't remember exactly how we did it. I've done the mayo, birth control pills and God knows what else LOL