My first Dominican Salon experience

wish4length

After hearing so much about it, I visited a Dominican Salon yesterday.
I can see why people who are against heat do not go to them, however I compared the visit to the Black American stylist I've personally gone to and the Dominican stylist I personally visited seems to be better.

I say that because I have thick hair and almost every stylist I've gone to in the past sits me under they dryer, blow dries it a little bit after, then styles it with a flat iron. That is a lot of heat!!
The Dominican stylist gave me what seems to be the "usual" roller set then blowdry style.
There was no additional heat or even last minute curling iron and my hair was lovely.
I don't go to the salon often and when I wash it at home, I let it air dry then throw it in a bun so, this seems to be good for my hair.
Just thought I would share my experience with others.

*fabulosity*

yay..glad you liked it.. !! I went last week for the first time and wasn't thrilled by my experience.. what was the price?

VettaVetta

The doobie comes out nice really nice but at the cost of almost setting your hair on fire the heat that they use will light a fire on it's on the use a lot of heat

gissellr78

Glad you liked it. The lady that does my hair here in NY has excellent control of the blower and i rarely feel the heat on my scalp. I think thats key.

and she does the roots only so i don't get so much heat

Solitude

I'm glad you liked it! I go all the time & I swear people are so dramatic about the heat. It's better than a flat iron to me because even if if is hot, it's not actually touching your hair. Thanks for sharing!

wish4length

I'm glad you liked it! I go all the time & I swear people are so dramatic about the heat. It's better than a flat iron to me because even if if is hot, it's not actually touching your hair. Thanks for sharing!

:grin:Exactly! There's heat in EVERY salon and I feel this way is better for me.

I'll try to post pics ASAP

It also cost me around $35, I bought some products while I was there too.

Last edited:

glam-

Glad you enjoyed your experience. I like Dominican salons, too. I don't go often, but I will be going for a rollerset, etc this week. I'm very excited.