My First Henna Experience

cmw45

Try mixing in a cheapie conditioner instead of using water and oil. Not only did it wash out really easily, but my hair was uber conditioned. :grin: Not that you need any tips with your gorgeous hair! :eek:

HERicane10

Congrats! I bet your hair looks awesome!;) I see you're doing your best to make it hard for a sista to "get on yo level"!:look: :lachen:

Sistaslick

STOP ITTTTTTTTT! :mad: If I see one more henna thread . . .:lol: I can't take this anymore. I am this close to emptying my wallet. This close!!!!:mad: Y'all breaking me and my wallet down.:lol:

Babygurl

twistedsista said:
Did you wash your hair prior to the henna and indigo application so you were free of products creating a barrier?

I didnt use Indigo...just Henna and no I didnt wash my hair before, I put it on dry hair.

Babygurl

Sistaslick said:
STOP ITTTTTTTTT! :mad: If I see one more henna thread . . .:lol: I can't take this anymore. I am this close to emptying my wallet. This close!!!!:mad: Y'all breaking me and my wallet down.:lol:

Good thing about Henna is...its not expensive at all! :lol: So you may as well come over to the dark side.

Babygurl

cmw45 said:
Try mixing in a cheapie conditioner instead of using water and oil. Not only did it wash out really easily, but my hair was uber conditioned. :grin: Not that you need any tips with your gorgeous hair! :eek:

Im eventually gonna try mixing with conditioner...I plan to experiment to the fullest! Thanks!

Aura

I love Henna! I mixed the DK Brown (Light Mountain Natural )Henna variety that's sold here>>(http://www.mehndiskinart.com/hair_henna_dye.htmhttp://www.mehndiskinart.com), and mixed it with my Jamila Henna/Conditioner concoction for the first time this month and fell in love. I had a problem rinsing it all out as well. It makes your hair very matty/gritty kinda like dreads, and stuff, BUT NOT to worry. I just applied Lekair Cholesterol Plus and oil to my hair and sat under the dryer for about 20 min and combed that residue out in the shower like butter in a hot skillet. My hair was HEAVY like crazy. :grin: Tangle Free, and hair strands were STRONG! :D I LOVE IT!

I now pre-poo with just the Jamila variety for strength not color every other week with just "HALF" the box and V05 moisture milks ($1.00), EVOO, amla oil, honey. You can get the Jamila Henna from most Indian supermarkets for like $3.00 and change. I found some at an indian supermarket like 10 minutes from me. I keep at least 3 boxes at ALL times.

colemtd

OK, can someone please educate me on what this Henna miracle is?? And how often do you do it? And what is it best mixed with??

TwistNMx

I'm sorry you started with difficulty, but I'm glad you had great results.
I love my henna, and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
I usually mix mine with amla and/or evoo.
hth,
HP

TwistNMx

VWVixxen said:
I'm glad that it went well! Henna is awesome and the Jamila is the best!
Hi VWVixxen,
Could you tell me why Jamila is best. A lot of people seem to rave about it and I can't find it in my area.
I use "Sultana", and it really works very well, better than others I've tried in the past. But I'm just curious about the Jamila, and you seem to be the expert on a lot of thins here at Lhcf.
Thanks,
HP

LovelyLionessa

Babygurl, just when it didn't seem humanly possible, your hair is more gorgeous than ever! Congratulations and welcome to the Henna Revolution. :woot:

Babygurl

High Priestess said:
I'm sorry you started with difficulty, but I'm glad you had great results.
I love my henna, and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
I usually mix mine with amla and/or evoo.
hth,
HP

Im definately going to look into getting Alma and Cassia. Im so excited to try the different combos!

Babygurl

Priestess said:
Babygurl, just when it didn't seem humanly possible, your hair is more gorgeous than ever! Congratulations and welcome to the Henna Revolution. :woot:

Aw thanks SO much...that means the world to me. If it werent for you ladies Id be lost, but Im thankful for the millions of ways that are presented to get and keep healthy hair.