My formal 'Hello'!

renee_n_3000

My formal \'Hello\'!

Hi! I made my first post here yesterday, but thought I should make a separate post of introduction as well. I'd like to give a special wave to all the ladies from the old Black Hair Super Growout Club.

I've been lurking on the site for a while, reading the hair board. Imagine my surprise when I finally joined and saw there was so much more!

It had been a while since I'd visited hair boards, and I'm glad to have found a site that has both relaxed and natural ladies on it. The atmosphere is wonderful here.

Right now, my hair is at its 'standard' length. It's close to waist-length and lately I've been getting the itch to chop a couple of inches. It's cut in kind of a "U" shape (or 'face frame') and I have the urge to see it in a blunt style again. However, the posts and photos here have encouraged me to just let my hair grow longer until I can get rid of the "U" shape without sacrificing so much length.

Thanks for the inspiration!

renee_n_3000

Re: My formal \'Hello\'!

Thank you, ladies!

Singing Star, I don't have any pics now, but may have someone take some for me someday.

Liz, my routine is to wash, condition, and airdry. I apply a small amount of oil after my hair has dried a bit, mostly concentrating on the ends. It can take twelve hours or more for my hair to dry completely, so I usually wash it at night, as early as possible.

For the past few months, I've been using Bath & Body Works Bio Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner. Before that, I was alternating between Suave's Humectress Conditioner knockoff and their Biolage Conditioning Balm knockoff, and the accompanying shampoos. I've recently started using a liquid leave-in conditioner by Suave that I like, too. When I want to clarify, I use Fantasia Liquid Mousse Natural Lemon Moisturizing Shampoo.

I like the Bath & Body Works products very much, but I bought them on sale and unless I am able to find them at that price again, I don't know if I'll buy them again.

When my hair is dry, I usually iron it with my Jilbere ceramic flat iron to decrease the volume, unless I plan to wear it up, which is rare. I have the large one and it takes about 15 minutes or less to do my entire head. I am VERY happy with this iron! Before I got it, I used a Gold N Hot flat iron for many years. I am amazed at the difference in the feel and shine of my hair with the Jilbere iron! I use my Caruso steam rollers sometimes, too.

I wash my hair about every five - seven days in the winter and about twice a week in the summer. I make my own oil mixture in a small plastic squeeze bottle. I apply it to my ends and lightly throughout the rest of my hair. I use a base of sweet almond oil. I mix in a little unrefined shea butter and add small amounts of whatever else interests me at the moment - castor oil, glycerin, olive oil, etc.

I pin my hair up loosely in one big twist and cover it with a 'slippery' satin scarf when I sleep. I have a habit of putting the scarf on as soon as I get home.

I started taking a women's multivitamin about two months ago.

I've been air drying and flat ironing for many years. Before that, when I used blowdryers and curling irons, my hair was the same length it is now but the ends were not as healthy. I've used Soft & Beautiful no-lye relaxer to do my touchups about three times a year for about ten years or more, I think. I trim or 'dust' my own ends when I feel they need it.

That's all I can think of right now. Please let me know if I've left anything out!

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!

Welcome Renee! I bet your hair is gorgeous. Can't wait to get to your length. :)

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Welcome!

You are so lucky to have been a member of the original bhsgo. Everyone seems to be below bra strap or waist length now.