~My Fotki~

Your hair looks great!!!! I am also doing crown and glory, can you wash your hair with Toyokalon hair without messing up the hair?

Nice braids!!! I do have one question...if using the kanekalon hair do the ends lay down flat or is it best to always curl it?

Thank you, thank you for the replies ladies!!

renae226 said:
Your hair looks great!!!! I am also doing crown and glory, can you wash your hair with Toyokalon hair without messing up the hair?

I wash once a week and don't have problems...the braids do get frizzy somewhat though. I do a LOT of touching up. The pic of the Toyokalon braids I took today, and I just washed last night and have not touched any of them up yet and I think they look pretty good .:)

NewYorkgyrl said:
Nice braids!!! I do have one question...if using the kanekalon hair do the ends lay down flat or is it best to always curl it?

:) Thanks NewYorkgyrl

The ends will lay down flat, but because I braid it so full and thick (so many individual braids) it always looks too bushy for me. They also start to look a little rageddy after I wash when they are straight. I think curling them gives a finished look. Plus it looks really cute in a bun that way :lol:
HTH!

Braided~Beauty said:
Thank you, thank you for the replies ladies!!

I wash once a week and don't have problems...the braids do get frizzy somewhat though. I do a LOT of touching up. The pic of the Toyokalon braids I took today, and I just washed last night and have not touched any of them up yet and I think they look pretty good .:)

I agree. They look really nice. I was thinking about using this kind of hair with my next set of braids, and I was unsure if I could wash them.
Good to know that I can. :)

cute braids! personally, i've never had the patience to sit there and have my hair braided for hours. i've only done it once and left it for like 2 weeks. so i applaud those who have the patience to leave it in longer and keep having them redone.

Thanks for all the nice comments ladies!
You guys really made me feel good with your compliments :kiss:
I really don't let anyone see my hair (outside of braids) because I have always really hated it, because it is so dry and always bushy/frizzy :ohwell:. I really have come a long way in acepting my hair just from being on this forum. How could I expect it to look good when I was treating it sooo bad? I am looking forward to falling in love with my hair for the first time :lol: .

caribeandiva said:
cute braids! personally, i've never had the patience to sit there and have my hair braided for hours. i've only done it once and left it for like 2 weeks. so i applaud those who have the patience to leave it in longer and keep having them redone.

It really helps to teach yourself to braid I think. I used to hate sitting and getting my hair braided becuase of the time it took, so I taught myself. Now I just braid one at a time whenever I feel like it, instead of doing the entire head, or entire sections at a time.

Braided~Beauty said:
Thanks for all the nice comments ladies!
You guys really made me feel good with your compliments :kiss:
I really don't let anyone see my hair (outside of braids) because I have always really hated it, because it is so dry and always bushy/frizzy :ohwell:. I really have come a long way in acepting my hair just from being on this forum. How could I expect it to look good when I was treating it sooo bad? I am looking forward to falling in love with my hair for the first time :lol: .

It really helps to teach yourself to braid I think. I used to hate sitting and getting my hair braided becuase of the time it took, so I taught myself. Now I just braid one at a time whenever I feel like it, instead of doing the entire head, or entire sections at a time.

yes me too.
I love me some braids. I learned how to do my own braids when i was 10.

How long was your hair when you started putting in your braids and how long do you keep them in? I'm leaving my braids in for 7 months but I'm thinking about going the whole year. What do you think?

wow your hair is beautiful!!!
i think im gonna braid my hair soon...oohhhh i hate sitting there for hours....
lol

plove said:
yes me too.
I love me some braids. I learned how to do my own braids when i was 10.

How long was your hair when you started putting in your braids and how long do you keep them in? I'm leaving my braids in for 7 months but I'm thinking about going the whole year. What do you think?

When I started braiding (like 8 years ago:eek: ) it was relaxed and just below my shoulders, I have had it cut at least twice (that I can remember) since its been braided, but becaue I never took care of my hair while in braids it did not grow too much.
I try to have my head rebraided every two months...I do not do it all at once though. I just rebraid individuals here and there. What I mean is that I don't leave any one braid on my head longer than two months - I hope that makes sense :lol: I am thinking I may take it out for Christmas to see my progress though.
I know Robin recomends letting your hair rest for 2 months...I don't plan on doing the resting period but I will be re-braiding often and moisturizing constantly, so I should be cool.
Thats what I do but every head is different ya know:)

nurseN98 said:
Nice hair & braids:)

Do you plan on wearing your hair out of braids at some point though?

Lol, yea that's why I took it down in July and then I saw how badly damaged it was. I had a ton of it cut off and did not know what to do, it was still really bad on the top. That's what got me to search for hair care online and led me to this forum and then Robins C&G site. I figure I can handle braids so I would follow her regime to get it healthy then experiment with different styles. I hope I can last the full two years, seeing the beautiful heads of hair and all the different styles on this site makes me want to wear my hair out right now - but I know it needs tons of TLC first :lol: .

Back