My friend is going to the Dominican Republic & I want some products, but...

Monilove122

I don't know what to get. I had been going to a Dominican salon back home in NYC since HS and never paid much attention to the names of products then I come here and I see so many different DR products I'm confused now :confused: . She is leaving on Sunday and I need some help. If it were you and you could get products straight from DR, what would you get?

TIA!!!!

I was just talking to my friend from the DR, her parents went over. So I was trying to think of all the conditioners I hear about constantly and she kept yelling garbage. So finally I said you choose and she said la bomba (i think that's the name)

:eek: I'd have to buy an extra suitcase to bring home all the goodies I'd buy!!! Silicon Mix, Emergencia, Lacio Lacio, gallon sized Aceite de oliva poo and rinses, sole & cinnamon rinse...and assuming it was all dirt cheap I'd have to try some new stuff too :lick:

Moni I don't have anything add but, let me know what you get back. I am aching to to try the 10 en 1 and Silicon Mix. I keep hearing about these but I have fought the PJ bug.

Praital Silk Worm moisturizing cream. If I were you, I would really try to find some products that aren't widely available in the USA in addition to the staples mentioned. Like Miss Key's other conditioners. Then you could encourage US sellers to carry them. Like someone said already if they are cheap, buy in bulk!!!!!

I would buy the following:
Capilo Sole and Cinnamon Conditioner and Rinse
Rivas Silicon Mix Conditioner
Crom Emergencia Conditoner
La Boma Conditioner
Praitial Silk Worm Rinse
Lacio Lacio leave in conditioner

Letitia said:
Moni I don't have anything add but, let me know what you get back. I am aching to to try the 10 en 1 and Silicon Mix. I keep hearing about these but I have fought the PJ bug.

Hey Girl, I'll be sure to post what I get and my thoughts on it all. I'm reading the feedback now and will be making a list to give to her on Wednesday.

Okay, my next question for the ladies that have gotten products from DR, about how much do you think these products run? Not sure how much money to give her.

Evazhair said:
Praital Silk Worm moisturizing cream. If I were you, I would really try to find some products that aren't widely available in the USA in addition to the staples mentioned. Like Miss Key's other conditioners. Then you could encourage US sellers to carry them. Like someone said already if they are cheap, buy in bulk!!!!!

Well, I don't want to weigh my girl down, LOL :lachen: . She's actually going there on her honeymoon but figured maybe I would get a total of 5 things depending on the size.

Okay, so what's Miss Key's other conditioners I should look into?

I had a friend that bought the 8-oz size of condtioners for $1.00 from DR grocery store a three of years ago.

My bad :lol: I like Miss Key avocado and aloe vera treatment and Praital Silk Worm moisturizing cream the best, but I have heard that many of the brands we see here, have many more varieties that are not so easily found here. I was thinking of this when I suggested. Maybe some Lacio Lacio with the mink oil, if it is still sold there.

MrsHouston said:
Wow! You're lucky...

All the things mentioned sound good. Let us know what you ended up getting.

Okay, I just saw that you guys are having the baby FRIDAY!!!! Oh gosh, I'm SO excited for you. I'm all giddy like I'm having the baby, LOL.

Back to the DR products...a friend of mine said the same thing another poster said, - that you can get products cheap at DR grocery stores so, my friend is gonna go there. I'm trying to do some legwork for her to make it easy since I want the products so about to go online to see if there are any grocers near where she will be staying.

I'm thinking you should be able to find all kinds of goodies on the cheap in the local stores. I know someone that goes quite regularly and visits salons there and has even gotten relaxers for what equate to about $17 US! Based on this, I'm more than sure products will be crazy cheap. I'm going for my B-day in April and cannot wait and I will most def be taking an extra suitcase just for products!

Oh yea, if I had to choose some products it would be:

D'Fina 11 en 1 conditioner
La Bomba regular and avocado
Silicon Mix

I'd also try to find out what some of the local faves are.

Last edited:
Back