My glutinous mess is doing something good for my edges

Kentmane

I started my hair journey last year. My New Year resolution was ‘I need to do something about my edges’
I tried JBCO, nothing happened just made them shinier and balder it seemed to me. I then tried Megatek. It made my edges break (but I later found out why)

I am relaxed 4c.

So I did a touch up 6 weeks ago and started putting a diluted mix of CO and MT on my edges, (more ordinary CO than MT 3:1) during this this time I was also baggying every night. Two weeks in, I had a big puff on one side, yes growth.
So I said to myself MT must work, so I went to the boards and read every post on MT. (I am using the new one btw). So I started using it neat on my scalp and paying attention to my edges. My edges started filling in. (these have not seen hair for ten years) and my forehead has rediscovered hair,s they are coming in as white strands, but I am welcoming them.

So that got me thinking if MT was filling my edges its main ingredient is protein, was it lack of protein on my edges that had hindered them all these years?
So I researched and stumbled across gelatine, it’s about 88% protein. If I put it on my edges would it do anything?
Don’t laugh…. I mixed gelatine in water, it was sticky and silly me I added it to my MT mix (MT, Apoghee 2 min, rosemary oil, AO and CO) it made it very strange i.e. texture wise. I apply it to my edges at night and baggy, the edges are stiff (excuse the pun) in the morning. I wash them off with conditioner, I have noticed the hair there is really thickening. I might have to limit this to the days I am not working or the weekend, as I do come across the odd globule of gelatine once in a while. But it’s a price worth paying for, as in my case my edges have always dictated my hair style even though my hair is grazing APL.

To all the ladies on LHCF I say thank you, as it was due to your comments, knowledge and observations that got me thinking of doing this experiment.

Off to take out another random gelatine globule.
Keep up the good work and HHG

Hi Debra

Your hair is lovely........

I think bad relaxers, hairdressers, not moisturising them enough, genetics and not finding lhcf.

Once I found this board it helped me understand a lot more about my hair. My right side is really filling in, with just the temple to go.
The left is slower, I sleep on that side and I am also left handed, I don't know if there is any correlation.
But I am now getting a few white hairs there which is something, I am hoping by the end of summer there won't be any gaps.

Hey, OP. I'm glad you found a solution that works for you. I used to use MT when I first started out in my journey and it worked pretty well, except I had to stop because I experienced lots of shedding and I also had a desire to drastically simplify my regimen. Keep it up, and welcome to the board!

I think I am one of the few people that still uses Megatek regularly. Just from my observations, it seems to work more often for those like me who are fine haired. Not really sure why that is so, though.

Glad to see you found something that works.

I think I am one of the few people that still uses Megatek regularly. Just from my observations, it seems to work more often for those like me who are fine haired. Not really sure why that is so, though.

Glad to see you found something that works.

Hi Mzteaze

I used to have thick hair and it has thinned out, I think MT is filling in the gaps at the moment. Nice to know there are still people using it out there.
I need to buy some more soon, it works!!

Back