My hair FINALLY feels moisturized!!!! (LONG)

kedra70

After much tinkering around with my regimen, I think I've found the right combination of products to use on my hair. I do a hot oil treatment (every other wash) using Suave Strengthening Hot Oil. I then wash with Elucense Moisture Balancing Shampoo with a dime-sized amount of Nioxin Cleanser (I use this to help with shedding). I do an ACV rinse and then follow up with Biolage Ultra Hydrating Conditioner.I also use a little smear of GPB around my edges - I'm having some thinning/breakage issues with my hairline.

After rinsing that out my hair feels like silk! I then use Back to Basics Sunflower Detangling Spray (all over my hair), a pea-sized dab of Aveda Elixir all over my hair, a pea-sized dab of Redken Anti-Snap on my other fragile area (in the back, center part of my hair), and FINALLY I break open one ProVitamin Split-Ends Mender Hair Treatment Capsule and massage that into my hair.

I know it sounds like a lot, but my hair hasn't felt this moisturized in years - it feels so soft! I think it's the combination of Biolage Ultra Hydrating Conditioner and the ProVitamin Capsule. I've experienced very little hair loss during comb-out. Also, my hair isn't OVERLY moisturized, meaning that it doesn't feel 'mushy.'

I'm making these products my staples - I'm tired of buying new products and not having any success. I've also learned not to use too much product. Most times, a pea-sized dab will work (for me). I've also learned to use products on weak areas - hence the use of so many leave-ins and conditioners - some are only used in certain areas.

This weekend, I'm going to clarify with Herbal Essence's Clarifying shampoo and deep conditioner with GPB. Whenever I deep condition, I hold off on my leave-ins.

Kedra

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Congrats on finding the right combination of products. It took me a while too! I just started using Aubrey's GPB...and I love it.

kedra70

That GPB is really great. It's funny - the consistency of it doesn't feel like something that would moisturize your hair - but once you rinse it out - BAM!!!! I've been using this for about five years.

Kedra

Blacktresses

Kendra70.........

Are you natural or relaxed ? Texture plays a big part on how much conditioner is used on hair ( at least for me ).

ADB

I also use the Biolage Ultra Hydrating Conditioner. It does make your hair feel really soft and silky.

Tracy

I wish I could tolerate the GPB because it gets SUCH rave reviews here from such a variety of people/textures/hair types.

It just smells AWFUL to me. I actually literally gag when I use it.
It smells like mold and weed.

kedra70

My hair is relaxed. I've only been relaxing my hair for about 10 years now and I remember when I was natural, I didn't need a lot of conditioner. But my hair is real thin and fine too.

Kedra

Tracy

kedra - no I know, it seems to really be an awesome conditioner and I'm sure it would work on me if I used it, because I'm pretty sure Labett likes it and she's my ultimate hair twin.
But I can't take the smell. I wish they'd make a Vanilla version.

kedra70

Thanks! I clarified this weekend and ended up with really dry hair that even Kenra (as a deep conditioner) couldn't rectify!

Too bad they discontinued Aussie's "Citrifier" shampoo. That was the only clarifying shampoo that didn't 'dread' my hair! I guess I'm back to the drawing board looking for a clarifying shampoo.

Oh well.

Kedra

Kaela

Hi Kedra, I think Joico Resolve is a good clarifying shampoo...it never strips my hair but it does get it very clean.

alliyah4eva203

[ QUOTE ]
kedra70 said:
After much tinkering around with my regimen, I think I've found the right combination of products to use on my hair. I do a hot oil treatment (every other wash) using Suave Strengthening Hot Oil. I then wash with Elucense Moisture Balancing Shampoo with a dime-sized amount of Nioxin Cleanser (I use this to help with shedding). I do an ACV rinse and then follow up with Biolage Ultra Hydrating Conditioner.I also use a little smear of GPB around my edges - I'm having some thinning/breakage issues with my hairline.

After rinsing that out my hair feels like silk! I then use Back to Basics Sunflower Detangling Spray (all over my hair), a pea-sized dab of Aveda Elixir all over my hair, a pea-sized dab of Redken Anti-Snap on my other fragile area (in the back, center part of my hair), and FINALLY I break open one ProVitamin Split-Ends Mender Hair Treatment Capsule and massage that into my hair.

I know it sounds like a lot, but my hair hasn't felt this moisturized in years - it feels so soft! I think it's the combination of Biolage Ultra Hydrating Conditioner and the ProVitamin Capsule. I've experienced very little hair loss during comb-out. Also, my hair isn't OVERLY moisturized, meaning that it doesn't feel 'mushy.'

I'm making these products my staples - I'm tired of buying new products and not having any success. I've also learned not to use too much product. Most times, a pea-sized dab will work (for me). I've also learned to use products on weak areas - hence the use of so many leave-ins and conditioners - some are only used in certain areas.

This weekend, I'm going to clarify with Herbal Essence's Clarifying shampoo and deep conditioner with GPB. Whenever I deep condition, I hold off on my leave-ins.

Kedra

[/ QUOTE ]
glad you found what works for you