MY HAIR GREW!!

Honey6928215

After being a faithful member of the wonderful website, my hair has grown! I can't believe it myself. From what my friend told me it looks like about a 1 1/2 inch in the 4 weeks that I have taken care of it. Since I'm always broke and strip for cash, I pretty much used what I had. Sometimes my mom buy my hair products for me to keep me from going bald. But anyway, my regime:

I wash my hair every week with 100% peppermint soap to get out all the dirt and leave my scalp sqeaky clean. 2 times

Then, I wash my hair with DOO GRO Tingling Growth Shampoo. 2 times

I deep condition it with ORS Hair Mayonnaise mixed with olive oil for about 45 minutes under a heating cap.

After I wash it out, I apply SheaMoisture Leave-in Conditioner. Then I blow dry it out.

I use Nature's Blessing Hair Pomade for my scalp. When my hair gets dry it starts to shed. I hate it! The pomade did wonders for my hair and smells good too.

I haven't started on any vitamins yet because I don't have the money for it since I'm unemployed. But I haven't had a touch-up for about a month and a half. I'm not in a rush though. As long as I can run a comb and brush through it I'm fine. My hair was right at my neck but now it's almost at my shoulder blade. I wish I have the pictures to prove it but I will try to posted it as soon as I can get a camera. I don't use the curling iron as much as I use to. When I go to bed, I put it in a scrungy into a ponytail. Just thought I share the good news with everybody! Thanks for your support. And I will keep everyone up to date.

Kamilla16

Keep it up girl
I know my hair is actually growing too! Bra-Strap here I come

~Karima

Honey6928215

That's pretty much my hair goal. The bra strap. It would be nice to have it longer. I'm searching for more hair receipes I can make at home. Thanks!

Honey6928215

Just to give some example my hair is at Beverly's length in the September 2002 pics but it's not as thick as hers. I can't say whether or not my friend measured it right but she did see a difference and so did I when she pointed it to me. I want it thick as Beverly's but I want it at the bra-strap length.

Armyqt

Congrats Honey
I love hearing success stories.
Keep doing whatcha doing and keep us posted.

ngaa

yay
it seems that u may not even need the vitamins tho if u're gettin that much growth in a month coz i'm only gettin an inch in six weeks!! happy hair growing!!

Paris Belle

Congratulations! Much continued success!!!

Isn't it amazing when you look in the mirror and you're like "Wow! All my hard work is paying off!!!"

Honey6928215

Yeah, but the thing about it is that I really didn't pay that much attention to it. I mean, I make sure it's washed every week because I can't stand a lot of build up from the hair pomade, sweat, pollution, etc. I usually keep it in a ponytail during the day sometimes at night too. I had a head wrap but I always lose it. Still I plait it so it won't be sticking all over my head in the morning like medusa. LOL!! Anyway, as long as I stay committed I believe it will be at least half way at the bra strap. Someone posted here a while back that protective styles such as ponytails contribute to hair growth. I believe it!

Honey6928215

Hey, don't get me wrong , ngaa. I want to take the vitamins so I can increase the healthiness and well as growth for my hair. I'm thinking about getting this vitamin called, GNC Ultra Women's Mega vitamin. They said it's something like Centrium but it's more potent. I tried to pull up the website but my computer has been acting up. I wanted to know the price. My friend asked me what I want for my birthday which was a month ago. I haven't heard from her in a while, but i didn't know until now. I wanted the those GNC vitamins. Have you heard anything about them? If so what do you know about it? Are they expensive? Whatever you find will be appreciated. Again, thanks for your support. you guys are the greatest!!

godzooki

congrats Honey! I love hearing stories beginning with "my hair grew!" Now, I wanna hear "bra strap!" be nice if it were commin out of my mouth too!

daviine

Hey Honey----I went to drugstore.com because there were no prices listed at the GNC website. I saw the Ultra Mega for Women Vitamin for $29.99 for 180 tablets. That woud be a 90-day supply. I don't know if its cheaper anywhere else but it says that its regularly $37.99.

Hope that helps.

Nova

Congratulations Honey!

Doesn't it feel good when you can see the fruits from your labor? If your hair is doing great now, it should really take off when you add vitamins to your regime.

Keep growing girl!

Honey6928215

WOW!! I didn't know it was that expensive! I guess I'm better off by using Cenrtrium until I can make some real money to buy GNC Ultra Women's Mega vitamin. Thanks for looking it up for me.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
I've seen more results after coming to these boards than I ever did on my own.
The funny thing is, my regime didn't change dramatically! I think it's the spirit of the members here, who always push me along and keep up my morale, that really makes a difference in my hair growth.

SweetNic_JA

cheers to you and your hair! Isn't it a great thing when u see your hard work pay off?!!! If you're like me, you must be waiting for the day when you can tell your friends "I told you so! " . They think I put too much work into my hair and believe that my work will be in vain.
They will see soon
... any way, congrats girl...

I'm still waiting for this "follicular action" from my newly ordered pp biotin .

Honey6928215

I bought my bottle of peppermint soap from this reggae shop I go to. It has incense, black soap, reggae CDs, clothes and jewerly. I'm sure you can buy it pretty much anywhere but just in case they have a website. It's www.drbronner.com. The peppermint soap is very 100% potent so you may have to dilute or wet your hair completely before applying. But PLEASE do not get it in your eyes. They have liquid and bar soap with different sizes. They also have many different soaps to choose from. I wish I can make it easier for you to automatically clicked to the website but I haven't learned that yet but you have the web address.

www.drbronner.com

Thanks!

daviine

I don't use Dr. Bronner's on my hair nut I swear by it for my skin!!! I just had to share that...it doea an amazing job of cleaning!!!

Honey6928215

I wash my face with it, too, and ever since it's has left me a wonderful glow. People been complimenting me on how beautiful my skin and I hadn't had a pimple in Lord knows how long. It controls the oil, too which I love. I hardly have a T-Zone. Which ever works for you, I say it's a wonderful soap you can use on almost anything.