My hair is falling because I did something stupid!!!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I had dyed my hair blonde and I didn't like it. So I hennaed it and it was too orange and then I dyed it again all in short period of time! Now my hair is falling out like melting away!!! Is there anything that I can do to fix it?
I'm here to support. I'm so sorry this happened. Keep your hair moisturized, but eventually you may have to cut it to protect your new growth.
We've all made 'regrets' with our hair journeys But it gives us great ways to be creative with beautiful scarves and hair wraps while we endure the healing process. :yep: All the best.

KenyafromCT

Keep your hair moisturized, no chemicals. Keep your vitamin regime and drink your water. I know this may seem unrelated, but enhance your healthy eating and stay with your vitamins. You'll be healing your hair both inside and out. Hope this makes sense. :yep:
Diet isn’t unrelated at all. so many don’t want to believe that diet is of paramount importance to hair, skin and nail healrh since I changed my diet? Game changer. My hair is no longer dry brittle. It has so much shine. Hair needs a diet rich in vitamin c, d, a, zinc, low fat proteins etc. crap diet equals crap hair/skin.

GGsKin

omg u hennaed already dyed hair?!?! that could be the prob... was it body art quality...
I'm sorry you are experiencing this @Curlykutie. I know henna is tricky with dyed hair but I think the bleach and the dye did the most damage. The ladies have offered great suggestions for how you can proceed, although the damage does sound like too much to restore the health of your hair. You may have to embrace a shorter style or go into repair mode and hide it away for a while. Cutting it seems your best bet.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I'm sorry you are experiencing this @Curlykutie. I know henna is tricky with dyed hair but I think the bleach and the dye did the most damage. The ladies have offered great suggestions for how you can proceed, although the damage does sound like too much to restore the health of your hair. You may have to embrace a shorter style or go into repair mode and hide it away for a while. Cutting it seems your best bet.
i agree u may need to bc especially if it wasnt body art quality

VictoriousBrownFlower

Yes I do! Which bar to you do you suggest? I was thinking about trying the butter bar.
yes the butter bar.... and then get a great dc, leave in, and sealant... protective style ur ass off,,, once its soft and not brittle do a protein treatment to strengthen ur strands. moisture first because henna is like a protein... then when its soft and moisturized protein... keep ur hair balanced because its prob in shock...

Everything Zen

Thanks ladies! I’m doing a apogee protein treatment and I’m going to get my hair cut! I’m also going to do a deep conditioner after I rinse off the protein treatment! I’m going to use Joico moisturize recovery treatment! I’m hope this helps and I’ll never ever do that again!!
Be very careful with the Aphogee protein treatment. You really need to know your hair’s protein moisture balance to do it correctly. I had my hairstylist in college use this treatment on my hair and it broke my hair off severely and I never dyed my hair- it was only relaxed at that time. Given the current state of your hair- I would hold off on adding this to the mix and stick to moisture treatments.

Curlykutie

Steam is excellent for the hair. I prefer the stand up units personally to the caps as the steam is more intense, but the cap will be a decent alternative.
I tried it last night and it did a good job! I just don’t have the room for a stand up steamer!

jamaica68

I hope your hair is now thriving.

Naptural85 recently used an ammonia free box dye over henna/indigo and her hair turned out ok. I no longer use henna and itching to dye my gray hair maybe I'll have to guts to do it at the end of the year. My hair is currently 3 different colors and I'm over it.:pullhair: