My Hair is GROWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

determine3

So, I took the weave out of my hair yesterday (only had it in for 2 weeks:perplexed ) and my hair didn't look like it grew much. I was a bit down but decided to wash my hair and blow it out to see if it stretched at all (my hair has major shrinkage) and i was like what????? the back of my hair is at shoulders??? My hair is pretty short with different lengths all over da place. So after blowing it out I flat iron it and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked like I was wearing a shoulder length Tina Turner wig. I was like dayammmmmmmmmmmm. The final test came. My hubby who-is-probably-so-sick-of-all-this-hair-talk sees me and says "wow, you're hair looks really long!!!! My short hair is growing out so it looks like a stylist gave me a nice layered haircut. Trust me, I wish you all could have seen where I was coming from. I hacked all my hair off with dull scissors over a year ago and my hair kinda stopped growing! These last 2 months (since finding here and grow a fro) have been like a miracle for me. I also think it's the MTG. I was looking at my BIG layered hair in the mirror last night thinking that I look like a lion but then it came to me..... I look like i have a horse's mane :lachen: :lol: :look: I LOVE MTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Ladies!! Hopefully I can figure out a good regimen to grow my hair with this instant weave. I really want to try cowashing and the baggie method. If anyone has had great success using an instant weave, please let me know.

I'm happy it's working for you!!

Just remember that growing hair is one thing, it's retaining the length that really counts & with all the great advice you get here, you'll reach your goal in no time!

Good luck on your hair journey!!! :)

I love this site...thanks Ladies. SecretDiamond- great advice!! My daughters have long hair (if they wore bra's I would say almost brastrap length) but always wondered why it never grows any longer than that???? I figure now it's because the hair keeps growing but the ends keep breaking off. I'm ashamed to say i've never brought them in for a real trim. I've clipped the ends of couple of times myself in the past but looking at their hair now, they can stand to lose 2" or so.

Thanks again.

congrats! that's great! i hope to see progress with my hair too, i just started my regimen two weeks ago.:D

Back