My hair is oily

webby

Think Slim
My hair has always been on the dry side, because it's naturally wavy, curly and can be outright coarse in the crown. As of late, I've noticed that my hair looks oily...like caucasian hair that needs to be washed, oily.

Has this happened to anyone here?

blackhair

you may want to try a good shampoo like this one:
Nexxus EXOIL OILY HAIR NORMALIZING SHAMPOO
• Floats Away Excessive Oil • Thoroughly Removes Grime • Helps Inhibit Excessive Oil Production • Leaves Hair Clean & Shiny

EXOIL OILY HAIR NORMALIZING SHAMPOO floats away oil and grime without drying the hair or scalp. The gentle yet, highly effective astringent botanicals, Pansy, Lemongrass and Witch Hazel, help to normalize and balance the oil output of the scalp. Jojoba, the remarkable botanical, removes excess sebum from the hair follicle. Willow Bark and Aloe Vera are unsurpassed antiseptic and healing agents for the scalp. EXOIL leaves the hair in a healthy, balanced condition while imparting a tremendous sheen.

Queenie

Maybe it's an age thing. My skin is a lot more oily than when a was younger. However, I don't think it has effected my hair.

candibaby

Yes, that happens to me after about 4 days.. so I try to wash it at least that often. I dont have a reason to use grease.. my scalp oils itself up.

keldevine

I have the same problem to. I have very oily skin so therefore my hair get very oily also. When I get my hair pressed by my stylist, he doesn't put anything in my hair. It only takes about four days for my hair the get oily too. I use to hate it but, I never have problems with breakage and my end look pretty good. He usually washes my hair with a clarifying shampoo. Even though my hair is oily, when I wear it in a ponytail i still may use olive oil or carrott oil on my ends to prevent them from spliting.

webby

Think Slim
I mentioned this phenomemon to my mom and she said that my oily hair may be due to my hormones. I'm still nursing my son, but my cycles have started again. She said that sometimes the hair will continue to change (my hair lost a lot of the natural curl during my pregnancy).

Queenie

Oh, maybe. I know someone who had stick staight hair before she had a baby and now it is really wavy.