MY HAIR IS SOOOO MATTED,TANGLED I THINK ITS OVER..HEEELLLLPPPP

lahennesy26

I WASHED MY HAIR AND ITS PRETTY LONG (BRA STRAP) WHEN I WENT TO COMB IT OUT ITS MATTED UP AND TANGLED IM VERY FRASTRATED AND I THINK IM GONNA HAVE TO GET IT IT CUT I HAVE CONDITIONER ON IT WHILE IM TRYING TO COMB IT OUT ITS JUST GETTING WORST CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME I WOULD BE DEVESTED IF I HAD TO GET MY HAIR SHORT PLEASE PLEASE ITS A EMERGENCEEEEEEEEE....

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Do you have some Creme of Nature or Humectress on hand? Try detangling your hair in the shower, slowly. Do not rush. Pretend you have all the time in the world.

What did you use on your hair? Is it natural or relaxed?

hopeful

Why is it so matted? Did you try a new product? Are you stretching your relaxer longer than usual?

DahomeyAhosi

I suggest herbal essences conditioner or some other silicone heavy conditioner. Silcones make my hair very slippery and sometimes they're the only thing that allow me to go without cutting out tangles. Saturate your hair in this and then finger comb from the ends-up. When the knots and tangles begin to listen only then should you attempt to use a comb.

Synthia

STOP TRYING TO COMB OUT YOUR HAIR AND DO NOT CUT!!!

You need to bring your pH level down so your cuticles will lay down and your strands won't mat and stick together.

Do you have an ACIDIFYING CONDITIONER (like ensure by Nexxus). Acids will lower your pH.

My hair doesn't like ACV rinses...but maybe try that.

Porosity Control and Vitale's Positive Conditioner are also good for lowering the pH of your hair.

Now, I'd spray on some Duo Tex (but most wouldn't because it's a protein conditioner and sometimes that's the last thing you want when your hair tangled). But it has citric acid and leaves my hair smooth.

Do you have any creme rinses?

Try any of the above.

Last edited:

krissyprissy

The same thing happend to me last week. I got some porosity control conditioner and Aussie Not Forgotten detangler. I put it in my hair and detangled slowly with a shower brush section by section.And rinsed in the shower.

AtlantaJJ

I hope something worked for her, everyone, that's great advice!! I wonder what got her all tangled in the first place:confused:

lahennesy26

january noir said:
Do you have some Creme of Nature or Humectress on hand? Try detangling your hair in the shower, slowly. Do not rush. Pretend you have all the time in the world.

What did you use on your hair? Is it natural or relaxed?
its relaxed i just washed it and put conditioner on it,i had been working out alot so i think that might be the problem it gets wet and sweaty. do u think the salt from the sweat made it like this.

lahennesy26

AtlantaJJ said:
I hope something worked for her, everyone, that's great advice!! I wonder what got her all tangled in the first place:confused:
after i work out alot of the times i dont wash my hair i know that is gross but its the truth and it was matted inside the ponytail i just didnt want to deal with it everyday after a hard workout because it takes me a long time to do my hair.any suggestions?

lahennesy26

okkkkk THANK ALL OF YOU FOR HELPING ME IT TOOK ME 2 HRS TO GET IT ALL COMBED OUT I STILL HAVE ONE BIG PROBLEM I HAVE CONDITONER STILL IN MY HAIR IM SCARED TO WASH IT OUT I PRAY THAT IT DONT GET TANGLED AGAIN .........I LOST ALOT OF HAIR TO..
THANKS AGAIN LADIES

AtlantaJJ

lahennesy26 said:
its relaxed i just washed it and put conditioner on it,i had been working out alot so i think that might be the problem it gets wet and sweaty. do u think the salt from the sweat made it like this.

Do you put your hair up when you workout? Do you wash after hard workouts regularly? If your hair is long I would recommend braiding it and securing the ends with a rubber band (ponytail) before your workout... then undo the braid in the shower and conditioner wash. Sweat should not cause tangling unless there is a build up over time, that will dry your hair out and cause the cuticle get rough I'm guessing.

The most important thing is have you gotten untangled? You may need to go to the store or the BSS...and get some thing special to help with the process. It will take time and you will need to be very gentle.

Let us know how you are doing.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

lahennesy26 said:
after i work out alot of the times i dont wash my hair i know that is gross but its the truth and it was matted inside the ponytail i just didnt want to deal with it everyday after a hard workout because it takes me a long time to do my hair.any suggestions?
Before you work out, put it in to a pony or two and braid them... put a non rubber, elastic band on the ends to keep it from coming undone. After each workout, take down, detagle from the bottom up and do a co-wash. Otherwise your will tear your hair out.